Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Churches where people are not friendly to visitors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Churches where people are not friendly to visitors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Churches where people are not friendly to visitors
    Posted: Mar 19 2018 at 5:48pm
I started going to a new church on Christmas eve and Im thinking about leaving because I find that this church people are very standoffish and cliquish . Only 1 or 2 people come up to me every week to say hi . I feel like the love is not there in this church. People there just past me by like im a ghost or they stare at me.
The previous church that I went to before and grew up in they are very friendly to visitors. they have a meet and greet and a small lunch after the service.
This church I go to is so different the only reason why Im still there because the pastor/prophet prophesied over my life and told me certain things about me that no one else would know and he said I should stay in this church
(This church by the way is a prophetic church) . The first day I went there they didn't welcome the visitor/s only the secretary and the pastor (this is a very small church ). A few weeks ago the first lady was celebrating her birthday and I was sitting there all by myself while everyone in their cliques talking amongst themselves . Ive been going there every sunday and friday nights and I feel so alone. I dont know what to do . Have anyone of you been in a church like this? Do you have any advice?
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2018 at 2:20am
thats not the right church for you, find another.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2018 at 8:07pm
Say hello to them first.Big smile
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2018 at 9:48pm
Go somewhere else! Church is supposed to make you feel better.
cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2018 at 10:01pm
I think you should at least try to make a connection with some of the members before you find another church. Church is suppose to welcome you with open arms but sometimes that is not always the case. Also, if the church doesn't have any programs to integrate new members then maybe that is something you can volunteer to start.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2018 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by cvzx cvzx wrote:

if the church doesn't have any programs to integrate new members then maybe that is something you can volunteer to start.
Exactly. The pastor has prophetized over your life and informed you that you need to be there. You are there twice a week. Then you come to us worldly women off of the street for advice about your next step with your path to salvation. The prophet has already spoken to and through you. Let him know that you would like to be integrated and use the wise sister's EXACT words above.Clap
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2018 at 10:55pm
the pastor said you should stay in his church....and that's a prophetic church?
do they ever talk about Jesus and his teachings? or do people only go for the phenomenon ie. prophecies?

melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2018 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

the pastor said you should stay in his church....and that's a prophetic church?
do they ever talk about Jesus and his teachings? or do people only go for the phenomenon ie. prophecies?

Yes , the pastor is a prophet and he does preach about Jesus they also do healing and deliverance.I like the preaching at this church, I am learning things about God and the bible that I didnt know before. The only problem is that I don't think this church likes new visitors. I noticed that some people will shake the hands of people that they know and not the new people in this church.

Edited by melly - Mar 23 2018 at 4:01pm
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2018 at 11:13pm
Ive had experiences in both settings and can just say that every church serves it purpose which is something to be thankful to the Lord for.

when it 's time for you to leave, you will know.

Pray about it and trust your instincts and seek otherwise when you are ready.

I do not care what anyone says, when it comes to my life ESPECIALLY my spiritual life, NO WHERE, NO HOW OR NO ONE will EVER MAKE me feel UNCOMFORTABLE or TOLERATED. PERIOD. EVER.

sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by cvzx cvzx wrote:

if the church doesn't have any programs to integrate new members then maybe that is something you can volunteer to start.
Exactly. The pastor has prophetized over your life and informed you that you need to be there. You are there twice a week. Then you come to us worldly women off of the street for advice about your next step with your path to salvation. The prophet has already spoken to and through you. Let him know that you would like to be integrated and use the wise sister's EXACT words above.Clap

I guess this will be a good way to determine if the church is open to suggestions and being questioned. If not, do not hesitate to LEAVE. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic