Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Taterbug View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Church Folks! *LONG*
    Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 8:36am
First off, let me say I'm glad BHM is up and running. I've needed to vent like this for awhile now!

I work with the youth department at my church, and we are preparing this week for Annual Youth Day. Usually, this is one of the BEST events we have--the church is always packed with young people, and we just have a good time.

This year, things are turning into a mess!

The "head youth choir sponsor (HYCS) " has caused so much drama. First of all, she's mad because the musician we used last year was not invited back. He was great, but his attitude about money was horrific and his ego was just over the top. Plus, he's been really shady with other churches in the city, going as far as stealing equipment from them and using their facilities without the pastor's permission. So, my pastor said he did not want to work with him again, which I understand.

I really wanted the kids to learn some new, cool songs, so I asked my friend if he would come teach us some songs. As far as I'm concerned, he is an extremely talented musician and he's very humble--a quality I love that so many church musicians are lacking. I cleared it with the pastor, it was all good.

Continued in the next post....
Sponsored Links

NEWMRS216 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 8:38am
what the?? tater??? tater??? where is part two of the vent?  
Taterbug View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 8:43am
This Tuesday, my friend called me all upset because of some things he heard from the musician we had last year. He sent me the text messages, and I was LIVID. He insinuated that my pastor had no integrity; he said that my church AND my pastor could kick rocks because we didn't know the God he serves.

First of all, I know he has NEVER talked to my pastor about whether he was coming back or not. To me, it's as simple as going straight to the source--the pastor is in charge, so I'm not going to go buy secondhand information.

Second, I know exactly where he got his information--none other than Ms. HYCS. She wanted ___ to come back so bad, and she was upset when our pastor said he would not EVER be invited back. So, she decides to talk bad about my pastor to him, not realizing that it would get back to me. I still have the text messages saved to my phone, just in case something pops off and people think I'm lying.

Third, y'all know I was heated. I'm down for my pastor regardless, but since my pastor is my father, we have an even bigger problem. I don't have a temper, but I do not take it lightly when people disrespect my family or my church family...and that's what he's done. To be real, that's what they (____ and HYCS) have both done.

Continued in 3rd post....
Taterbug View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 8:44am
Sorry, Diva...I'm typing as fast as I can! *LOL*
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 8:47am
Tater!!!! u at work or something?  what else! what else!
NEWMRS216 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 8:48am
lol.@ newdiva..  i feel the same way..
Greetings View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 8:53am
*eating popcorn anxiously awaiting...*

*Oh no he didn't send then a ole nasty message about integrity! Shocked*
Taterbug View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 8:58am
Now, add to the equation that HCYS has spread rumors that the only reason we are working with my friend this year is because we are screwing each other. All I can do is laugh about that, because I'm celibate in the first place, and in the second place he is dating one of my friends.

Anyway, fast-forward to last night. My friend walked in to teach the songs, and all hell broke loose. HYCS invited all of her little cronies to come watch rehearsal, and they just sat there with their arms folded, whispering about how they didn't like the songs. I mean eyes were rolling, necks were rolling and their faces looked like they had swallowed a sour pickle. I was embarrassed to say that I was a member of my church, because the way they treated our guests was completely uncalled for.

-Last year, our clinician kept us there until 10; but this time, HCYS said that he only had an hour to teach songs.

-She tried to get some drama started with the drummer's mother. My friend brought a drummer, because the songs are a little difficult for our drummer's level. However, he was willing to teach him, but HCYS tried to make it like we were shutting him out completely.

The drummer's mother came up to me when we were leaving and tried to cop an attitude with me, but I just walked out. The last thing I want to do is end up cussing in God's house.

-HCYS' daughters kept saying "UGH....I don't want to be here. I'm going home." They said it loud enough for my friend to hear, and I know he did hear.

Basically, they are creating drama when there is no need for it. Y'all, I am so stressed out that I am physically ill. I can't eat, I'm having back spasms and I have had a migraine everyday this week. I am the first one to defend Christianity, but the way these people are acting is just ammo for all those who are against it. I cannot believe that someone would call themselves a child of God and then treat other people in such a horrible manner. *sighs*

I talked to my pastor last night, and he said he would be at rehearsal tonight. That's great, but its to the point where I don't even want to go back. I feel like if I do, things are going to get even worse. All I've ever wanted is for my kids to have a great annual day, and these adults are ruining it for them.
Taterbug View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 9:04am
Oh yeah--I forgot to add that the clinician from last year said that he was going to come talk to our kids because he didn't want them to be upset that he wasn't coming back. Y'all, that's when I almost lost my mind. First of all, NO ONE is going to talk to my kids but me. If he walks in my church tonight, somebody better have my bail money ready because I'm swinging on him. Second, he acts like this is about the kids, but it's not. This is about MONEY, pure and simple. We pay musicians well, and he was waiting on that paycheck!

Third...like I said, he ain't crazy!!!!
Taterbug View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 9:08am
AAAAAAAAAAAAND, I want to go off on HCYS so bad because she is two-faced! The same day this started going down, she was calling me at work talking about how the Lord was going to bless this annual day and how excited she was. I created a timeline, and according to that, she was on the phone with last year's clinician right before she called me.

If you don't like our church or the way we do things, why not leave?!?!?!?!
I just don't understand--she's not happy when our minister of music teaches songs, but she's not happy when we bring in someone else to teach songs...because it's not last year's clinician. To be honest, I can't imagine someone going so hard for someone unless they are in some kind of relationship. I'm telling y'all, the way she keeps this going just makes me further believe what I've heard about her and said clinician...
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic