Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Church flow....how far do you go?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:46am
Thanking everyone for answering. What is a good way to help out in the youth ministry? Especially if you are new to the church (1 year) or you are on the shy side?
Sponsored Links

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:51am
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

Thanking everyone for answering. What is a good way to help out in the youth ministry? Especially if you are new to the church (1 year) or you are on the shy side?

just let somebody know who currently works in that ministry...they ALWAYS need somebody to help with the kids. They could definitely use you for any Easter stuff coming up and with summer around the corner..i'm sure they have all type of children's programs coming up that will need more volunteers. 

mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:54am
^^ I don't get too much involved with the youth ministries at churches.  I'm not a "kid" person and most people would find my methods of dealing with them too harsh.

I will say though that if you are serious about the Lord, you need to make sure that you are in a church were other people are like minded.  I like to be involved in churches were the people have a mind to serve God and functions have a purpose.  I don't like being involved in meaningless programs that simply exist to take up time.
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:58am
Maybe things changed but at my Baptist church I was in the youth group as well as the youth choir. We went on retreats with other youths. No one asked us for anything . We were part of the church so I'm not getting the ministry thing going on in this thread. You can be in a youth group without them requiring or you being obligated to do anything but fellowship with Jesus.
bigsexylisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsexylisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:04am
I tutor every week as a part of my churches tutorial ministry.  Joining a ministry is a good way to get to know people, as well as, to give back.  I've also done volunteer work with the young adult ministry, and hung out with the singles ministry.  I plan to join the choir...just haven't gotten around to doing it.   
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:26am
Sure I am. I would encourage anyone that goes to a church as a member to get involved. You will feel a sense of belonging. Now don't get me wrong there will be church politics but your focus is not about the politics but about your calling. You may have a gift that needs to be used. That's how I see it.

There are different departments and ministries in the church so try one out and see what you like. I'm part of the kids dance ministry. You know that teenage age range where they are unruly and going through puberty I use that avenue to keep them occupied and show their talents. The kids have SKILLS that are truly untapped.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:28am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Sure I am. I would encourage anyone that goes to a church as a member to get involved. You will feel a sense of belonging. Now don't get me wrong there will be church politics but your focus is not about the politics but about your calling. You may have a gift that needs to be used. That's how I see it.

There are different departments and ministries in the church so try one out and see what you like. I'm part of the kids dance ministry. You know that teenage age range where they are unruly and going through puberty I use that avenue to keep them occupied and show their talents. The kids have SKILLS that are truly untapped.
 I agree   . I take young girls shopping and sing in the choir .
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Sure I am. I would encourage anyone that goes to a church as a member to
get involved. You will feel a sense of belonging. Now don't get me
wrong there will be church politics but your focus is not about the
politics but about your calling. You may have a gift that needs to be
used. That's how I see it.

There are different departments and
ministries in the church so try one out and see what you like. I'm part
of the kids dance ministry. You know that teenage age range where they

Thank you for your response! ;). Do you mind elaborating on 'church politics' bc that is one if the things that worry me. What sorts of things occur? Any examples
are unruly and going through puberty I use that avenue to keep them
occupied and show their talents. The kids have SKILLS that are truly untapped.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:06pm
Get involved its fun but set boundaries!
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:19pm
Brownie the politics should be the least of your problems. Get in there girl and find your talent. The youth can get so lost trying to fit in with the world and the church.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic