BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Chris Brown Jet magazine interview .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chris Brown Jet magazine interview .
    Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:09pm
Chris Brown says he identifies with Trayvon Martin, calls out Jay Z in new interview
September 20th, 2013
09:46 PM ET

Chris Brown says he identifies with Trayvon Martin, calls out Jay Z in new interview

Every time Chris Brown opens his mouth, he seems to stir up controversy. In a cover story for the October 14th issue of "JET" magazine, the 24-year-old R&B superstar raises eyebrows yet again. He gamely tackles questions about his messy love life and how he’s attempted to move forward after the 2009 Rihanna “incident” – then says he identifies with Trayvon Martin because of his own struggles with racism, calls out Jay Z for his thug past and seems to liken his bad rep to the relationship between a slave and his master.

Here are some of the more interesting quotes from Brown’s interview:

On whether he relates to the everyday struggles of other young African-American males like Trayvon Martin:
“I identify with Trayvon 100 percent as far as living in 2013 and still dealing with blatant racism. This generation is so used to racism that it’s normal; we don’t care. We aren’t on drugs or catching AIDS, but they still look at us as ni**as.”

On whether it’s possible to mend his rocky relationship with the press:
“This is something I’ve been dealing with for the past maybe five years. Anybody with a voice – Tupac, Michael Jackson, the Notorious B.I.G. – gets formatted…except maybe for Jay Z, who is accepted by White America because he shakes hands and kisses babies. No disrespect, because I’m a fan, but nobody brings up the fact that he stabbed somebody and sold drugs. He gets a pass.”

On when he decided to change his attitude:
“I got to the point where it’s only so much you can take from the master, you feel me? I’ve taken my fair share of lashings. I’ve dealt with the media. Instead of being an artist, I’ve been called a woman beater; I’ve been insulted in public and judged. And being able to not want to kill yourself at the end of the day is what made me say, ‘F**k it.’”

The spotlight on Brown will be intense for the next few months. The singer-turned-actor’s new movie, “Battle of the Year,” just hit theaters this weekend, and his sixth studio album, “X,” is due later this year. In the meantime, the Grammy winner is tired of folks expecting him to apologize for his bad boy behavior.

“I’m not perfect, and I don’t have to be,” he tells JET. “We are supposed to make mistakes. I’m not an android or a robot.”

Edited by india100 - Sep 21 2013 at 5:12pm
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:11pm

I am not feeling his comparison to Trayvon . Thumbs Down

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:36pm
Im not offended by anything he said. Jet tried it though.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

They did.......
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

You may be right . I can't understand why Trayvon and blacks not catching AIDS was talked about at the same time .  I guess chris allowed random questions that where group together .
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:56pm
Jet should be ashamed of themselves for that title  on the cover and CB needs to stop doing interviews like that.
hautsdeseine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote hautsdeseine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:57pm
I agree with what he said about Jay Z. People wanna make Jay Z look lile he is a Role Model
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:02pm
To his credit he has not hit a woman since Stern Smile

He has to realize how hateful White people are. Yea they are racist but you gave them fuel, realize that. Now they're will never forget or forgive your "mistake" because you make them feel better about themselves.

Now how can you make yourself feel  better about yourself?
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Jet should be ashamed of themselves for that title  on the cover and CB needs to stop doing interviews like that.
I agree .
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

To his credit he has not hit a woman since Stern Smile

He has to realize how hateful White people are. Yea they are racist but you gave them fuel, realize that. Now they're will never forget or forgive your "mistake" because you make them feel better about themselves.

Now how can you make yourself feel  better about yourself?
Clap 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style