Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Choosing Curly Hair: Need Advice

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ChrANGist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrANGist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Choosing Curly Hair: Need Advice
    Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 7:58pm
Chrangist: <<< stumbles in the  rooms grabs chest and falls to floor gasping for air. Looks up with hopeless eyes as crowd around her stares.
Okay here is the issue. I have been using beauty supply hair since heck was a pup. I finally decided to invest in some online bundles or what have you. Hoping to not have to buy hair so frequently and reuse it. Well I have been on the puter for lets say about a week stumbling through sites and checking reviews on youtube and going back to sights and checking reviews and trying to figure this and trying to figure that.

I am natural and want to protect style for fall and winter. I want a tightly curled hair as I am about a 4 A. I have been on Aliexpress, Alibaba, Princess Hair, yo mama hair , you grandmamma hair, and many more ( I can't find my list now). I think Iv'e been on here since about 10am and its 8:30. I stopped for a nap.
I really desire Mongolian kinky afro hair ( or some other afro kinky human  hair) . However, I did not understand, the stuff on aliexpress and alibaba, all that china mainland, the ounces in bundles, etc. I got all confused about xiangdoluchang, and quaindomuxiang and whatever those awfully spelled  names were. I even tried to email a few merchants, not that I know who in the Lord's name is Neil Li, Jack Henry Chang and Quan Sue Lang (all made up in my mind) or any other merchant. I really freaked out when one vender said all hair is lice free, some reviewers talked about the smell, and sealing the wefts etc. I even heard some say the curl pattern can differ because donors have different textures. I overanalyze because I even googled Mongolian black women and their were none. (same with Peruvian). There are Brazilian blacks. I like 8-10 inches, (nothing extreme from my own length). All this Peruvian, Brazilian, Malaysian,  and now Russian (really). Its like two people of color in the whole country I'm sure.
I'd given up and ordered Outre off amazon, woke up after my nap and cancelled the order. All I have coming now is weft sealer.
So I guess what I'm asking in this state of delirium:  Any Advice Anyone? 
I had so much homework today for grad school and I did absolutely nothing but wander on  hair web sights. I am such a procrastinator. Its been awhile since I've been on BHM, they didn't have spell check last time.
P.S. I' calling it a night I hope. Might become obsessed and again and start the process all over. TIA

Sponsored Links

Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 8:59pm
Okay, Okay..... just take a deep breath and slow down.  It looks like you've already taken the first steps, so you're definitely going in the right direction. I know the whole process is pretty daunting and time consuming but have you checked out the Ultimate Kinky Curly thread lately for inspiration? A lot of the ladies do share their vendors in there, so that should give you an idea of some tried and true vendors (not forgetting about researching the current situation as with some vendors the quality can go pretty bad after a while). Sometimes finding the perfect vendor takes ages and more than enough ladies will tell you that it can takes months/yrs to find the right one. On average, when I'm planning for an install, it takes me about 2-3 months watching a CV before I can make a judgment.

If purchasing from a CV is too risky for you, there's also some excellent AVs out there with hair for naturals like KinkyCurlyYaki (seen great reviews) and Heatfree Hair Movement. At the very least, you might pay a little more but you wouldn't really have to worry that much on quality control (less of a chance of ordering hair and then getting a rat nest).

In any case, don't worry too much about the whole origins thing, it's mostly marketing BS. The hair is almost always either just Indian or Chinese processed to mimic other textures. For blending, I try to get hair I know is near my texture (fine hair) and in my case "brazilian" works. Chinese and other oriental origins generally have thicker strands and will probably work if your hair is coarse. Indian and Malaysian are on the finer end of the spectrum but I think they're also more prone to swelling and poofing. Brazilian is probably somewhere in the middle. In my experience it doesn't swell or poof and is generally low luster.

As for the lice and smells, it depends on how it is processed (and all hair is processed in some form or fashion, there is no way of getting around it). All hair has to be fumigated and that and contribute to the funktasticness that some have experienced. Marcel water can be used for chemically processing curl patterns (and I believe that is the major reason for the corn chip smell). I generally avoid that by purchasing steam processed hair. This may be a weaker way of processing because there is a chance of the pattern loosening or even disappearing over time in some instances but I can't deal with the smell issue. The whole lice thing shouldn't worry you if you are getting the hair from China because they pretty much process everything to death so you won't even see a husk. If you are getting (real and proper) virgin hair from India, you might see a few nit husks and they're pretty easy to get rid of (as gross as that sounds). In any case, before you even think of putting anything in your head, you'll need to wash the hair first so you'll notice these things long before install. HTHs
LeeMari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeMari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 9:08pm
Kinkycurlyyaki has good reviews on AKC hair. Not sure if its mongolian though..
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 7:34pm
Kinky curly Yaki was just ok...too much shedding IMO. It wasn't worth the almost $300 I spent. I would say browse aliexpress, watch for reviews and ask tons of questions. I did that for while and found some quality hair.

Edited by imfunsized - Sep 16 2013 at 7:34pm
ChrANGist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrANGist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 7:43pm
Thanks for the advice. I did find the kinky curly thread right after I posted.  I found some +/- reviews (as expected). The sight was nice and not complicated at all. I will look at the mr virgin hair. I'll keep shopping, because I am unsure about the bundles. I hear some say 2 bundles worked and hear some say they needed 5 bundles. Still can't shake the lice thing. I have insects of any kind, If I see a bug, the hair will be saturated with bug spray and thrown away or sold. I have to work on that one. I really have a phobia of most insects.

I'm glad to find out its  a process. I never anticipated that. I get anxious walking around a large beauty supply store.
HAPPYJSW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAPPYJSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 7:23am
Hello All:

Nice to have this forum.I am facing a similar dilemma as my is a tight afro kinky (tak). The only site with hair close to tak is HisandHer.com,but after spending $180.00, I realized that the hair is a synthetic blend being called human hair. I have spent countless nights and days perusing websites on Aliexpress, etc. No company has tak. I purchased tak labeled hair from Dre's Closet at the cost of $340.00, but it appears that this hair is purchased from HisandHer.com and resold for a higher price. The guy said the "hair is cut of the head of a donor in Africa and sold"; that the hair is virgin. NO, the hair is a synthetic blend-no donor in Africa will have tak and want to chop it all off. Lastly, I found the ONLY manufacturer of TAK in China through Alibaba called Jinshun hair, but the proprietor, (Linda) said that the hair is VERY, VERY difficult to make and that her company supplies HisandHer.com, a company based in California that is very reliable with QUALITY hair that lasts years. However, as I said, their TAK is a synthetic processed to mimic human hair as labeled. Really, I have resulted to purchase very small rollers in attempts to create my own curls. People with 4BC hair, like me have to become creative with rollers. Best of wishes!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply