FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Chocolate toothpaste

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chocolate toothpaste
    Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 2:54pm

Would you brush your teeth with CHOCOLATE? Crest launches 'decadent' coco and mint flavored toothpaste

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 16:22, 28 January 2014 UPDATED: 16:38, 28 January 2014

•  
  •  
  •  
44 shares

View 
comments

For the chocolate lovers who struggle to brush their teeth twice a day, Crest is launching a toothpaste that hopes to 'energize their brushing routine like never before'.

Mint Chocolate Trek is part of the brand's new line called Be, which features two other nontraditional flavors, Vanilla Mint Spark and Lime Spearmint Zest.

Available for $4.99 next month, Crest claims its Mint Chocolate Trek 'opens with a rich, creamy cocoa flavor that provides an indulgent and decadent experience.'

Mint Chocolate Trek is part of the brands new line called Be, which features two other nontraditional flavors, Vanilla Mint Spark and Lime Spearmint Zest
+1

Mint Chocolate Trek is part of the brand's new line called Be, which features two other nontraditional flavors, Vanilla Mint Spark and Lime Spearmint Zest

But is chocolate-flavored toothpaste possibly good for your teeth? 

John Scarchilli, head of Scientific Communications for Proctor & Gamble, Crest's parent company, admitted that the new toothpaste contains tooth-protecting properties like sodium fluoride -- the same ingredient found in original Crest and many another toothpaste -- and flavoring.

While theobromine, a component of cocoa, has long been found to both protect and repair teeth from cavities, Crest's Mint Chocolate Trek doesn't contain the ingredient. 

Another component of coco, polyphenols, is used as an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory, and cocoa butter actually reduces the ability of plaque to stick to teeth by coating them, according to Dr. Allan Melnick, a dentist in Encino, California. 

But Crest's new toothpaste does not include these ingredients, either. Instead, the sweet flavors aim to provide an 'experience' for customers. 

'What's important is that people brush for two minutes twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste -no matter what the flavor'

'Got an adventurous spirit or a sweet tooth?' asks Crest in a release about the product. 'Well, then this is the toothpaste for you.

'Now consumers can explore outside their boundaries, arouse their senses and energize their brushing routine like never before.'

And much like cherry and strawberry-flavored toothpaste is marketed to unenthusiastic children who need an incentive to brush Crest hopes Be will have the same effect on adults.

Matthew Messina, DDS, consumer advisor for the American Dental Association, told ABC News: 'I have no idea whether the public will embrace chocolate as a toothpaste flavor. 

'What's most important is that people brush for two minutes twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste -no matter what the flavor - and I tell my patients to look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance when choosing their toothpaste.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2547424/Would-brush-teeth-CHOCOLATE-Crest-launches-decadent-coco-mint-flavored-toothpaste.html#ixzz2rjF8gBvj 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 2:55pm
I was gonna say no, but then I saw Crest and was like hell yeah. I generally only f*ck with Arm & Hammer though.
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 2:59pm
lol no thank you!!

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 3:12pm
no thanks
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 3:22pm
i would eat it so probably not a good idea.
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 3:38pm
Nah, I might mistake it for a snack or something..LOL
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 3:42pm
B.....but.....isn't toothpaste supposed to help prevent cavities??

What's the point?
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 3:55pm
NO.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 3:57pm
I saw bacon flavored toothpaste for sell at urban outfitters smh
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 3:58pm
Y'all trippin.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic