FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

China Empire in Africa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Is this gonn be a bash Africa thread?

Every black nation needs to comme together and build something like the EU. I know the West Indian countries are/were trying it. Its all these corrupt leaders mang
This would work...we need to get over the bull crap of light skin/dark skin, good hair/ bad hair shi%t though....that would be a start.

We would need to kevin hart and the new blacks to expire though.

Edited by Lilaca - Jun 02 2014 at 3:40pm
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

for so many reasons, it's incredibly problematic and frightening to hear someone who claims to champion african progression<span style="font-size: medium; line-height: 1.4;"> refer to africa as a whore of all things...</span>
<span style="line-height: 22px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 22px;">africa whose very people were ripped away and sold as property far and wide
</span>

I just...Sleepy

that word, the meaning, the context of africa...it's just incredibly sick if you think about it...

ugh...then I remember who I'm talking to

Exactly
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 4:09pm
Maybe whore is a little strong or maybe not. I'm pretty pissed off they keep letting these motherfing thieves and conquerors in all these nations to look. When will it end?! Blacks in America calling themselves the new blacks and trying to find ways not being African descent, I'm sick of this mentality we have no we can find everything within ourselves not these bandits and despots who wouldn't have a pot to piss in it wasn't for African teachers who gave the world knowledge. Then for us only to be destroyed. If you think I said was bad but I'm just tired of us thinking we made it when we join hands with others and not ourselves that's making and building.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 5:02pm
Sooo how do WE go about stopping this? Like what do I have to do? Because I will be damned if there will ever be a strong Chinese presence in any mfing West African country when their people by and large view us as inferior.

SO what do we do?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 5:03pm
Everyone comes under one leader and only one is competent enough is Mugabe.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:38pm
Kenyan artist Michael Soi upsets Chinese delegation with his art work

The other day visual artist Michael Soi took to his Facebook page to protest an incident where he got ‘visitors’ at his studio based at the Godown Arts Centre. ‘My latest piece ‘Santa is coming to town’ has finally drawn the wrath of the Chinese,” wrote Soi. “Four gentlemen and a lady from China walked into my studio and one of them went off about how ungrateful I was to all China is doing for Kenya…”

Sex2

Initially one man got into his studio and after scanning some of his artworks burst off laughing. “He later went and came with the other guys,” he explains. “These people could not wrap their heads around the fact that I am not grateful for all the ‘good things’ China is doing to Kenya. I told them that I am an artist and therefore I cannot engage them in a political discussion.”

Incidentally, the visit from the Chinese ‘Delegation’ coincided with the much-talked about visit by the Chinese Prime Minister who came to the country with a bag of goodies, which included money to kick start the controversial Standard Gauge Railway

china loves africa 7

As an artist, Soi says that he has the license to question things. “We are not supposed to accept everything just because those in authority tell us they are good; that is how corruption scandals are hatched,” he adds. To be honest Soi says that he views the newly-found found friendship between Kenya and China with a lot of suspicion.

“The IMF and World Bank attach a lot of conditionalities before they give out their aid,” he says. “But the Chinese are giving their money without any conditions. This is one way of abetting impunity among our leaders; that no matter how many people are killed or imprisoned China will still pour in money, money that most likely ends up in people’s pockets and which will be paid by our children in years to come.”

The piece that so much angered the Chinese forms part of the popular China Loves Africa, a series of paintings that takes a mischievous and satirical look at the relation between China and Africa. In his pieces Soi takes the view that China is not necessarily genuine in her relations with Africa. In one piece titled China Loves Africa 7, the Chinese are portrayed holding elephant tusks and rhino’s horn. This is in reference to the allegations that it is the Chinese that are fueling the runaway poaching of these products. Interestingly when the Chinese Premier was in town, together with his host Uhuru Kenyatta, made a symbolic visit to the Nairobi National Park. He even gave out money meant to go towards fighting poaching.

Soi has landed an invite to do an exhibition in South Korea, where the China Loves Africa series will be a major attraction.

china loves africa 8

Apart Sino-Africa affairs the burly artist has developed an interesting character called Omari. He uses the character to highlight the ills that take place in the society. The typical Omari character is possibly a coastal native who sees the only way of earning an income is by hooking up with white women. “My intention is to ask whether these relationships are genuine,” explains Soi. “Most of these boys drop out of school at an early age to go after these women. I have spoken with some of these boys and they tell me they are in it for the money. They believe that a Mzungu will help them cross the poverty border.”

Omari-and-his-Women

“In most cases the African boys have wives at home. One might think that it is Omari who is lying to the Mzungu but the woman is also doing her fair share of lying; some these women come to Africa with the knowledge that the relationship will last for as long they are here,” explains Soi who adds that Kenyan tourism, especially at the coast, is fuelled by sex.

Seduction ritual

Soi says that he likes to make his art simple. “What you see is what you get,” he says. “I paint what I see; I am not in the business of judging people.” This is especially so in his pieces where he shows men in strip joints. “I have been accused of portraying society in negative light but then it is a fact that men, even ‘decent’ church going types visit these joints where women are skimpily dressed.” In any case, he adds that strip joints are not cheap places to visit. “They are frequented by people with deep pockets; not your everyday ‘pervets’; I do not create these things.” he adds.

Sois bag

Soi who mostly works with acrylics on canvas has series of portraits that he sews on to women’s handbags. “These are what pay bills,” he says. “They have become so popular with women I can barely meet the demand.” Each bag goes for sh3,000.

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:46pm
Clap^^I want some of those on a t-shirt to buyLOL
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 1:39pm
Yea I like his stuff. LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 1:40pm
Great stuff! I so agree with him!
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

The other day visual artist Michael Soi took to his Facebook page to protest an incident where he got ‘visitors’ at his studio based at the Godown Arts Centre. ‘My latest piece ‘Santa is coming to town’ has finally drawn the wrath of the Chinese,” wrote Soi. “Four gentlemen and a lady from China walked into my studio and one of them went off about how ungrateful I was to all China is doing for Kenya…”

Are Chineses the new white conquerors?
Africa better wake up... this is pretty much gentrification... the Chinese will push the Africans to crappier and crappier lands, until all they have is the war torn countries and the camps for refugees.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic