China Empire in Africa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: China Empire in Africa
    Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:05am
Long read but a def good read the rest is in the link
TERRY GROSS, HOST:

This is FRESH AIR. I'm Terry Gross. When crews broke ground on a major airport expansion in Mali funded by American foreign aid, the $71 million contract went to a Chinese construction firm. That's one small measure of China's economic engagement in Africa, where Chinese leaders see arable land and natural resources vital to China's industrial expansion and markets for growing Chinese companies.

Our guest, journalist Howard French, says there's debate about whether China's push into Africa will lead to African development and prosperity, or exploitation reminiscent of 19th century European colonialism. But, he says, it's led to another remarkable development. More than a million Chinese citizens have permanently moved to Africa, buying land, starting businesses and settling among local populations.

http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=316299135
Sponsored Links

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:46am
I'm on my phone but I'll get the rest of the text, but this Chinese man who owns land in one African nation said the people don't want him there so he is getting his sons to marry the local girls so they will have true claim to the land. Foul as hell
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:47am
It's foul but if Africans keep letting "the man" in, what can we do about it? *shrugs*
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

It's foul but if Africans keep letting "the man" in, what can we do about it? *shrugs*

child show them some weave hair and all is set, fake designer purses,fake iphones and so on and here we go again folks...
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:51am
Until the day when Africans realized there is more to life than material items that themselves can make and appreciate everything about themselves. Realized it's inside where anything of true value comes from they will be the whores of the world.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Until the day when Africans realized there is more to life than material items that themselves can make and appreciate everything about themselves. Realized it's inside where anything of true value comes from they will be the whores of the world.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:00pm
You can't read English in a poetic sense and I was being sincere.

Edited by iliveforbhm - Jun 02 2014 at 12:01pm
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:03pm
Is this gonn be a bash Africa thread?

Every black nation needs to comme together and build something like the EU. I know the West Indian countries are/were trying it. Its all these corrupt leaders mang
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

you managed to decipher that sh*t afro?
no

Read first line and said not today sah-tah-nee

Thick African accent and "ol"

Edited by afrokock - Jun 02 2014 at 12:05pm
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:06pm
So what did I say wrong?

I merely said until we realize we don't need any other foreign powers than we can fully build ourselves and kick out any foreigner.

I don't troll my own threads

Edited by iliveforbhm - Jun 02 2014 at 12:07pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon