Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Children punishment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

My 2 year old she talks walks and acts like a 4 year old. So when she throw tantrums people look at me crazy because she looks older.

Any who her grandma says we should spank her ( that how she raised her children), she does get spankings, but I just feel like if shes crying already why would I spank her and make her cry more she's not going to stop.

You have a point. It wont do anything but make the situation worse. Campfire's just hitting 2, and she's defiant about everything. We are still trying to figure out the best way to deal with that. But spanking isnt it, for now. 

Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

I just feel like shes only 2 as well, she just looks so hurt and sad. 

ikr? sigh.

if i even raise my voice at her, i feel bad after
so its...."campfire...no, stop that. I said, stop!"...

her ...Cry..."waaaaaah!"

me..."mommy's sorry, im so sorry, forgive me?"

(((hugz....)))

what on earth did that solve except make me feel bad and make her cry?

iono man.

Edited by Wildfire - Jun 09 2014 at 2:33pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

spanking a 2 year old is counter productive, imho..

the best method is to put her in timeout for about 2mins and explain why or take away a toy/snack.

i agree...ppl hit kids that young because it's fast and easy.  they will connect the dots of why they are being punished with those options in the same way they'll connect the dots with a spanking...only there's not the same possibility of a negative impact.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:47pm
The kids in my family don't respond to hitting, you know the type that will laugh at you for trying. Lol

They hate being restricted from moving or isolated or not being able to play while everyone else is having fun.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:56pm
I would pop her. If that doesn't work then try restricting her. Like taking a toy away. Mommy is taking this toy away because you didn't listen. Most times they will come back and say sorry because they want that favorite toy back.

I have boys so popping them and telling them why I popped them has worked for me. I haven't had to pop the kids in 3 years. All I have to say is "I'm taking the ipad and iphones away for 1 week" and their whole world comes crumbling down.  tears, snot and everything.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:18pm
Understanding this stage of Child Development is the key to dealing with it.

The child is becoming more Independent, and is Narcissistic at this stage.

There are many ways to deal with 2-year olds.

Not every child will respond to the same form of discipline.

Understanding the change your child is going through, will better enable you to deal with her.

Edited by Benni - Jun 09 2014 at 3:18pm
P31chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote P31chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:41pm
Tantrums are a way of testing how much control they have over you. They use a tantrum to get their way. So why should I be concerned about not using a good smack on the hand to get my way as a parent. We act like a 2 year old does not understand what they are doing. What a 2 year old doesn't understand is negotiation and quite frankly not a skill they need just yet. What is needed is direction. Direction leads to self discipline...self discipline to cause and effect and then later in life negotiation as long as all those factors align positively.

A pop on that hand never hurt anyone. If you dont pop now...you may have to resort to harsher punishments later. Or else you will have a child that has learned that you have a soft spot for discipline and trust they will take advantage of it.
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:54pm
1.When I found out I was preggers I knew it was time to move because family always want to impose their beliefs on HOW to raise your child.

2.It is terrible twos they'll push you to your limit but its up to you to let her know momma is the boss I think a pop is enough kids cry all the time I don't think she should be getting spankings.

iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

Kids need spankings its good for them. they are supposed to look hurt, that's why its a punishment don't fall for that "she's too cute to punish" mess because if she act up at 2 and you don't wanna put them hands on her now imagine when she's 12...kids that haven't been beat are the worst. handle it now and get her used to having that fear of mama

I never was beaten.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:22pm
I'm going through the "Terrible Twos" as well and my mom says I should spank my son. Me and pops says no. Hell no actually.

I have wanted to swat at him but I noticed it's only when I'm getting really frustrated and impatient. And disciplining when angry is something I've never wanted to do.

When does she act up the most? My little one is a terror when he's sleepy. So making sure he stays on his sleep schedule has helped out. And ignoring him has helped out even more. Once he realizes mama ain't phased, he moves on to something else. Good luck OP.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:49pm

Please stop the man  . Men hands are stronger  . Never allow any man to hit your baby .Cry I feel a sad . Will return later . No reason to hit a baby  . Take a parenting class or books on time out . I never spank my child . India never gave me a reason , but i will take her favorite things if she acts up . My daughter is spoil and we are the blame . I can't hit a child. My pm box is open if you need tips on dealing with tantrums etc . Bribby please reconsider spanking your baby . Disapprove

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>