FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Children complaining about M.Obama

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456

Author
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

I don't feel like it's the governments job to make sure my kids are not obese. That's my job. 

My kids will more than likely have a packed lunch anyway so doesn't matter to me. 

The private school I went to was a junk food HAVEN. We ALWAYS had fries for lunch. chili cheese fries, fries with hot dogs, fries with a hamburger. Then it was a big plate of them too. We had a candy machine in the lunch room and were served soda. Our lunches were NEVER healthy, but they were delicious. Like everything tasted good. Oh they had salads...I forgot. 

you both share an equal responsibility
Sponsored Links

OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:04pm
I don't feel that way. I don't co-sign the outrage of the students, however, I like as little government interference when it comes to my child as possible. 

I don't care about everyone elses kids.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:08pm
the govt has the responsibility to provide healthy meal choices in schools

its also your responsibility to do the same at home etc

trans fats are know to reduce alertness amongst other things,

as a parent, i would be concerned if the govt was providing meals with poor nutritional content that actually impede sensory acuity and are a barrier to learning

but hey whatever floats your boat
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:11pm
School lunch never made anybody fat.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:14pm
It's the QUALITY not quantity
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

as a parent, i would be concerned if the govt was providing meals with poor nutritional content that actually impede sensory acuity and are a barrier to learning

Agreeing with this partially because it's true and partially because I'm imagining your voice saying this aloud and your british accent makes everything sound credible.

Seriously though, if you don't like what's at school bring something else.  When I was in school I would usually bring leftovers for lunch.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:17pm

Oh yes, I agree with that. 

If they don't like it they should pack a lunch. 

I've always packed lunches so I more than likely will for my kids. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

Agreeing with this partially because it's true and partially because I'm imagining your voice saying this aloud and your british accent makes everything sound credible.

Seriously though, if you don't like what's at school bring something else.  When I was in school I would usually bring leftovers for lunch.

im too lazy and too tired to bring up the data the data of kids that take school (read as govt) provided lunch, not out of a desire or want, but out of a need

its much easier said than to pack a lunch and is presumptuous of the kids' financial status

for those that can afford to be make a healthy choice and and are able to bring it to school.. yes do as you please, but for those that cant afford or lack the knowledge to make healthy choices then they need all the help they can get

and i can pull up the low carb, what you cook today thread etc etc to illustrate how even adults are making misinformed food choices

but im sleep though

Edited by afrokock - Apr 07 2014 at 6:25pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456