It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chi Silk Infusion w/Natural Hair
    Posted: Mar 05 2009 at 10:32am
I am newly transitioning and I love Chi Silk Infusion. They are having a sale at Essentials in the mall where a 6oz bottle is only $10!!!!!!!!!! Normally that joint is like $25. So I am going to stock up.

But I was just thinking how would this fit in with my natural hair. I love the way it makes my permed hair feel, But I don't know what it would do to natural hair. Ladies, please if you have any info on this I would appreciate it before I go stock up on it and can't even use it in my natural hair.

TIA
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2009 at 11:25am
?
OnMyJourney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2009 at 12:02pm
Hey Belle,
Sorry to have overlooked your thread. I use it on my transitioning hair and my daughter's natural hair because I use our Pibbs Dryer and even though it's indirect heat I want to be on the safest side possible.  At any rate, it works well on both and I am pleased with it.  So if you plan to use heat on your natural hair, be it direct or indirect I'd say go for it...you're going to need something and it does the job.
pink28 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2009 at 4:32pm
I used it all doing my transition and even now, My hair is all natural in the back and around 2 inches of relaxed hair in left front.  I works really well...I use it before I flatironThumbs%20Up
jesusluvsyou View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2009 at 10:14pm
Perfect timing. I haven't had a relaxer in 9 weeks and I am in the process of going natural. When I relaxed my hair I loved Chi Silk Fusion. This product was perfect to add some moisture, without weighing it down. Not to mention it felt so silky. Now, I'm wearing my hair in a afro and it doesn't has the same affect. My hair feels and looks dry and I have to use a lot of it(which isn't cheap). So I switched to using Shea Butter to lock in the moisture. Hope this help you out.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2009 at 6:41pm
thanks ladies. I also wanted to know for those who are natural, would the silk infusion actually be a good sealant? I went and got the bottles and will continue to use it
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2009 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by jesusluvsyou jesusluvsyou wrote:

Perfect timing. I haven't had a relaxer in 9 weeks and I am in the process of going natural. When I relaxed my hair I loved Chi Silk Fusion. This product was perfect to add some moisture, without weighing it down. Not to mention it felt so silky. Now, I'm wearing my hair in a afro and it doesn't has the same affect. My hair feels and looks dry and I have to use a lot of it(which isn't cheap). So I switched to using Shea Butter to lock in the moisture. Hope this help you out.

The mistake you were making was trying to use it as a moisturizer for natural hair, that's not it's intended purpose. If you're natural and need a good heat protectant, you've got it. Natural hair needs a lot of moisture, a water based moisturizer tends to work best and then you can seal with an oil or butter. Some say that shea butter moisturizes and I'm not up for debating that. I find that it is moisturizing but I wouldn't use it as my sole moisturizer.

At any rate, happy you found something that works for you.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2009 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

thanks ladies. I also wanted to know for those who are natural, would the silk infusion actually be a good sealant? I went and got the bottles and will continue to use it

I believe I've read where some ladies (relaxed and natural) use it as a sealant. I tend to use jojoba or shea to seal and then aid the Chi silk infusion as a heat protectant on top of that.  That's just what I do, and it works for me.

jesusluvsyou View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2009 at 8:49am
Originally posted by OnMyJourney OnMyJourney wrote:

The mistake you were making was trying to use it as a moisturizer for natural hair, that's not it's intended purpose. If you're natural and need a good heat protectant, you've got it. Natural hair needs a lot of moisture, a water based moisturizer tends to work best and then you can seal with an oil or butter. Some say that shea butter moisturizes and I'm not up for debating that. I find that it is moisturizing but I wouldn't use it as my sole moisturizer.

Thanks for the tip. It was hard to find a product that would moisturize  my relaxed hair, without the oilyness or added weight.  I found that using Keracare essential oils gave me a headache, but silk fusion did the trick. Now that I am transitioning, (Lord how mercy) my hair is so thick and kinky. So, now I dillute the essentials oils and use it in conjuction with Shea Butter. What moisturizers have you found that works okay?
Aliyah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2009 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by OnMyJourney OnMyJourney wrote:

Co-signing w/ Dani. 

To the OP:  I love the way Silk Infusion makes me and my DDs' hair feel, but I don't use it to moisturize.  I have a glycerin/ tea tree oil/ rosemary oil/ peppermint oil/ aloe vera juice/ water spray for that and I seal w/ olive oil or coconut oil.  I use the Chi SI and Sedu spray when flat ironing my DDs' hair and it comes out beautifully. 

Btw, we're all natural so it works for naturals, too.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic