Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CHI Enviro American Smoothing Treatment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHI Enviro American Smoothing Treatment
    Posted: May 30 2011 at 4:50pm
Yes, another straightening system.

To my uninformed mind, this looks just like the BKT and seems to boost the same promises. I'm reading up on this system, but I can't say I'm completely sold or considering it. A beautician that does beautiful hair recommended it because I asked her about straightening my hair, and she told me about it.

TYPE 4 NATURAL WITH THE CHI SMOOTHING SYSTEM

A simple Q&A for background info:

Q: What is the CHI Enviro American Smoothing System?

A: This revolutionary treatment eliminates up to 95% of frizz, reduces curl and instantly adds amazing shine, silkiness and condition to the hair. It is a protein reconstructing complex with amino acids, proteins, silk and pearl to increase shine and strength. It is free from formaldehyde and formaldehyde-releasing chemicals. Its protein and amino acid complex allows temporary change in the structure of hair fibers, leaving hair easier to comb, as well as silkier, smoother and shinier hair.

Q: When can I color my hair?

A: Hair can be colored immediately following the smoothing treatment with Farouk Systems Ammonia Free colors.

Q: When can I shampoo my hair?

A: You may shampoo your hair 48 hours following the smoothing treatment. However, do not use pony tail bands, clippies, headbands or anything that would stifle the hair’s straight pattern for at least 48 hours following the treatment.

Q:How long will the results last?

A: Smoothing treatment results can last up to 4 months depending upon hair type and maintenance at home from client. It is recommended that customers use the CHI Enviro Home Care Maintenance Shampoo and Conditioner.

Q: How long does the treatment take to complete?

A: Average time is usually 2 hours. The length, density and amount of hair will determine the time spent during this service.

Q: How soon can customers do a touch up?

A: This hair straightening treatment can be given again after 4-6 weeks. It has no harmful chemicals. Only amino acids, proteins, silk and pearl are infused into the hair.

For people that don't like reading, here are some videos:

Here are more reads for those interested:
http://faroukontour.blogspot.com/2011/01/chi-enviro-american-smoothing-treatment.html
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/ingredients/an-organic-environmentally-smoothing-treatment-i-can-trust
http://www.curlstylist.com/articles/retexturizing/keratin-companies-respond-to-controversy-with-new-formulas

Edited by AmandaKay - May 30 2011 at 5:39pm
Sponsored Links

glamrock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 4:54pm
Hmmm...I wonder if I can buy this or if it is only sold in salons...thanks for posting the info/vids/links!!!

Edited by glamrock - May 30 2011 at 4:55pm
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 4:56pm
I don't know. I know they have beauticians that are licensed to do it through CHI, but in videos I saw people buying the kits. I haven't looked into doing it myself. 
Luv2Teach View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luv2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 5:18pm
Gorgeous results......would love to try but I like the tightness of my curl pattern
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 5:32pm
I feel the same way. I want to hear the long-term effects.

Here's a picture of 4a hair with the treatment. I think this would be ideal for naturals that would prefer to wear their hair straight majority of the time.

Edited by AmandaKay - May 30 2011 at 5:38pm
Luv2Teach View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luv2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 5:45pm
^^^^^Exactly what I was thinking. My hair already struggles to revert back right after I've only lightly pressed it. 
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 5:55pm
And it does loosen the curl pattern significantly.

I don't know how I would deal. If I knew for a fact my curl pattern would revert back at the end of everything, I might not be hesitant to try it out. However, I don't know if that's the case. I like my kinks. LOL! 
Fashionista922 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fashionista922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 6:39pm
It sounds nice, but I don't like the idea of having to go back every 4-6 weeks for maintenance.
Seems too much like a regular relaxer.
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 6:49pm
Dang! Where did the info go that was posted?! I didn't have a chance to save it!
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 6:49pm
so does it stay straight after washing the hair?

Like is this a non-permanent relaxer??
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>