Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Cheap = Scam?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap = Scam?
    Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 11:59am
I've heard on this site somewhere, that if hair is cheap, that it is a scam. 
Well I found this company on aliexpress, and for some reason their kinky curly hair is quite cheap compared to their other hair. 

The kinky curly is 79.00 to 91.00 dollars a lot and the inches are 18, 20, and 22 (aka 3 22" are 91 dollars) & free shipping.

It only has 4 and 5 stars and people seem to like the hair.

I checked the reviewers and some of them, this was the first hair they've bought and some of them have bought from many different companies.

(The KC is their top selling item, probably because it's so cheap)

But for example there wavy hair is 170 to 262 a lot (3 pieces) a lot of 12,12,12 inches is 170$ 

So, I'm confused as to why Kinky Curly is so much cheaper? The reviews are good and the hair looks pretty...

I'll probably send them a whole bunch of questions and try to figure out if this hair is lower grade quality than the other hair although they market them as the same quality

They also have no neutral or negative stars but they also aren't known/people don't buy from the store a lot like popular known vendors all over Youtube, forums, etc.
Sponsored Links

SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 12:23pm
There could be several reasons why a company may sell a product for an extremely low price. That item could be the least selling item on their supply list, so they want to make it more favorable. They could have an influx for whatever reason, and want to push the product. It could be a "new to their store" product, and they want to get the buzz going on it. The store could be less known, and using the prices to generate repeat customers. The list goes on and on. It could mean the hair is of lower quality, but that's not immediately always the case. Just ask as many questions as you can think of and continue to research. At the end of the day it's all a gamble, and at $94 it's not a big risk to take. If you like it I say go for it.HTH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by SimplyPut SimplyPut wrote:

There could be several reasons why a company may sell a product for an extremely low price. That item could be the least selling item on their supply list, so they want to make it more favorable. They could have an influx for whatever reason, and want to push the product. It could be a "new to their store" product, and they want to get the buzz going on it. The store could be less known, and using the prices to generate repeat customers. The list goes on and on. It could mean the hair is of lower quality, but that's not immediately always the case. Just ask as many questions as you can think of and continue to research. At the end of the day it's all a gamble, and at $94 it's not a big risk to take. If you like it I say go for it.HTH

Thank you, I'm definitely going to be asking a whole bunch of questions, and if that scares them off, I guess that means I shouldn't purchase from them!
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 5:48pm
I say try it out. Yes you may feel you wasted money if you didnt like it but how will you know for sure if you dont try? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

I say try it out. Yes you may feel you wasted money if you didnt like it but how will you know for sure if you dont try? 

That's true. She told me the price is wrong! I should've never said anything!

And she said "some people like it curly so we made it curly" (that was inresponse into my asking about how the hair is curly if it's virgin hair, I think she didn't understand. I meant was it steam or chemical processed, but I was quite vague. and then she recommended me straight hair. Which to me makes no sense, if I clearly want the curly hair. That to me seems suspect, but then the reviews are so good.

Edited by lalaLeslie - Feb 06 2013 at 11:03pm
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 10:18am
She probably recommended the straight because of how you asked how the hair was curly when it's virgin hair. At least that how I understand based on what you wrote. HTH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by SimplyPut SimplyPut wrote:

She probably recommended the straight because of how you asked how the hair was curly when it's virgin hair. At least that how I understand based on what you wrote. HTH

You're probably right.
EliteGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EliteGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:37am
who's the vendor?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by EliteGoddess EliteGoddess wrote:

who's the vendor?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon