Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Change natural or get Expelled

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

IA w/ Wynter and Suga here.  I'm all for natural hair--I've been rocking it before it was "cool" to be natural.
School is not a fashion hair show.   She can easily rock a natural style that isn't as distracting.  That's really what's up here.  She likes the attn so she poofs it up. 

And no my kid won't be moving his chair either to see over a 18 inch poof
LOL  Pick your battles wisely.  Fighting for the right to wear poofy hair is a waste of time and energy IMO.

Y'all didnt read. (or wont read, I'm not sure which)

She's been wearing her hair like this all year, and it only became a problem when her mother said kids were picking on her. This is a battle that definitely needs to be fought. Not only is the school attempting to punish her for speaking out, it's obvious that they've been looking for a reason to get her and her hair out of their school. They didnt say sh*t about styling. They didnt say sh*t about putting it in a ponytail or a bun. They said: Cut it off, straighten it, or find another school. 

I can read, and more importantly I can analyze what was written.  The article is based on what the mother said--cut or straighten.  The handbook clearly states distracting hair styles aren't permitted.  It doesn't say all persons need straight hair, or short hair.  It states no distracting styles.  So if she came to school w/ a bun or ponytail, logic dictates she wouldn't be so attn getting, and the school would probably be fine with that. 

I can basically poof mine to look just like her's or I can "tone it down" so that I can look polished and professional at work.  Natural hair isn't a wild beast that can't be "tamed" to  suit the situation. Smile

Sponsored Links

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

I can read, and more importantly I can analyze what was written.  The article is based on what the mother said--cut or straighten.  The handbook clearly states distracting hair styles aren't permitted.  It doesn't say all persons need straight hair, or short hair.  It states no distracting styles.  So if she came to school w/ a bun or ponytail, logic dictates she wouldn't be so attn getting, and the school would probably be fine with that.  

I can basically poof mine to look just like her's or I can "tone it down" so that I can look polished and professional at work.  Natural hair isn't a wild beast that can't be "tamed" to  suit the situation. Smile

Logic dictates that if they wanted her to come with her hair in a bun or a ponytail, that's what they would have said. Logic also dictates that they would have told her this when she began the school year wearing her hair out and poofy. It doesnt seem like you're analyzing this situation.
Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:30pm
It became a distraction when she began complaining about kids teasing her. They probably didn't care before but now that time has to be taken from "Teaching" to address the teasing they have to do something.

Also, we didn't hear the school say she had to cut it or straighten it. I'm 99% sure a ponytail or even braids would be acceptable. She can feel free to puff it up outside of school.
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 5:08am
I don't think it's right that the school isn't addressing the kids that bully the little girl. Also, and people are going to get mad, I think her hair looks crazy Ermm.
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 6:11am
Well, how people wear their hair is personal preference. "Polished" hair is subjective and whites have always tried to enforce upon others that their standard of beauty is the only way. There's people today who hate their own hair texture and think straightening agents are the only way and some who enjoy their natural hair. For many people their hair is a part of self esteem and morale.

That hooters girl with the blonde in her hair doesn't deserve prosecution anymore than this girl does. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Her hair is only an issue now because she wants acceptance and it's not "widely acceptable" to be natural. They probably couldn't wait to say something about her hair once the opportunity arose to hide it behind something else.

Edited by GG - Nov 29 2013 at 6:22am
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Wynter Wynter wrote:

It became a distraction when she began complaining about kids teasing her. They probably didn't care before but now that time has to be taken from "Teaching" to address the teasing they have to do something.

Also, we didn't hear the school say she had to cut it or straighten it. I'm 99% sure a ponytail or even braids would be acceptable. She can feel free to puff it up outside of school.

The school did say the bolded...it was on the news...They want the child to cut her hair smh
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 8:38am
Why can't she just wear it in a bun? 
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Why can't she just wear it in a bun? 

Because putting it in a bun is acknowledging that something is "wrong" with her hair and it needs to be tamed. 

Nobody says anything to those dog haired smelling white girls.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456