Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Change natural or get Expelled

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:48am

Hopefully an attorney steps in to help this family. Personally, I would not want my child attending that school after this debacle, but I be damned if I don't try my hardest to make them regret their decision.

Sponsored Links

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Wynter Wynter wrote:

I'm sure this will be an unpopular OPINION but her hair is a distraction. Can another student see sitting behind her? Most importantly its dangerous for her....kids are cruel. They can stick sh*t in it, pull it and cause her to hurt herself.

Is there really a reason she should wear her hair so big to school?

the reason she can wear it that big is because she can. it is (more or less) how the hair grows out of her head. nothing about her hair is "fadish"

the kids behind her can work around it or shift their chair. same thing as when a short kid sits behind a tall one. it may not be the most convenient for you as the short person, but you work with it.

by "toning it down", the school is trying to make her conform to a norm that is unnatural for her

and if she's one of the few black kids in class, then they will pick at her for something. don't matter how her hair looks, really. if you were to look at the situation thru the lens of it being "dangerous" her very existence as a black girl in this world is dangerous.

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:01am
If a yt girl came in there with extremely curly/frizzy hair or some eccentric look, no one would bat an eye. Why does this girl have to go through all this nonsense just for being who she is? Plus, they were fine with it until mom complained about the teasing.

I think her hair is beautiful. We are the only race of people that have to assimilate and change just to make others feel comfortable. Fucc that, leave her alone and focus on other pressing matters like bullying, school shootings, and school security....smh.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 1:27pm

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

I'm sure this will be an unpopular OPINION but her hair is a distraction. Can another student see sitting behind her? Most importantly its dangerous for her....kids are cruel. They can stick sh*t in it, pull it and cause her to hurt herself.

the reason she can wear it that big is because she can. it is (more or less) how the hair grows out of her head. nothing about her hair is "fadish"

the kids behind her can work around it or shift their chair. same thing as when a short kid sits behind a tall one. it may not be the most convenient for you as the short person, but you work with it.

by "toning it down", the school is trying to make her conform to a norm that is unnatural for her

and if she's one of the few black kids in class, then they will pick at her for something. don't matter how her hair looks, really. if you were to look at the situation thru the lens of it being "dangerous" her very existence as a black girl in this world is dangerous.

Umm If I'm paying tuition I'LL BE DAMN IF MY CHILD CAME HOME AND TOLD ME THEY HAD TO SHIFT EVERYTIME TO SEE THE BOARD. You and your fro with the little flower on the side can have several seats in the corner and you can do YOUR work from there!!! Don't be tryna block my babies dreams and aspirations cos you ran out of "stay-so-fro".

Carry on.......

Edited by sugabanana - Nov 27 2013 at 1:27pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Umm If I'm paying tuition I'LL BE DAMN IF MY CHILD CAME HOME AND TOLD ME THEY HAD TO SHIFT EVERYTIME TO SEE THE BOARD. You and your fro with the little flower on the side can have several seats in the corner and you can do YOUR work from there!!! Don't be tryna block my babies dreams and aspirations cos you ran out of "stay-so-fro".

Carry on.......

LOL @ stay so fro

*shrug* then your kid can get a new seat in the front. my point was that seating is something that can be worked around. no need to change her hair for it.

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 1:43pm
I can't c the vid. Is it blue ivy status or is her fro just too big? Is it a wash and go? Is ot styled big or is her natural untouched fro just long? I tried getting an idea from the comments. Most said "how her hair grows out her head."
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 1:47pm
IA w/ Wynter and Suga here.  I'm all for natural hair--I've been rocking it before it was "cool" to be natural.
School is not a fashion hair show.   She can easily rock a natural style that isn't as distracting.  That's really what's up here.  She likes the attn so she poofs it up. 

And no my kid won't be moving his chair either to see over a 18 inch poof
LOL  Pick your battles wisely.  Fighting for the right to wear poofy hair is a waste of time and energy IMO.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

IA w/ Wynter and Suga here.  I'm all for natural hair--I've been rocking it before it was "cool" to be natural.
School is not a fashion hair show.   She can easily rock a natural style that isn't as distracting.  That's really what's up here.  She likes the attn so she poofs it up. 

And no my kid won't be moving his chair either to see over a 18 inch poof
LOL  Pick your battles wisely.  Fighting for the right to wear poofy hair is a waste of time and energy IMO.

Y'all didnt read. (or wont read, I'm not sure which)

She's been wearing her hair like this all year, and it only became a problem when her mother said kids were picking on her. This is a battle that definitely needs to be fought. Not only is the school attempting to punish her for speaking out, it's obvious that they've been looking for a reason to get her and her hair out of their school. They didnt say sh*t about styling. They didnt say sh*t about putting it in a ponytail or a bun. They said: Cut it off, straighten it, or find another school. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 1:58pm
i see your points as well (wynter, suga, tbaby) but i feel that saying it is a distraction is an excuse for them to get her to conform. the admin is (IMO) basically victim blaming her and saying "well, if your hair wasn't such a distraction, you wouldn't be bullied."

and why wasn't this issue brought up earlier in the year? they have been in school since late aug/september and it seems like only admin had an issue w/ it ever since mom brought up the issue of bullying.

and the alternatives presented to her (according to the vid) was either straighten her hair or cut it. those are not reasonable alternatives IMO. your alternatives (ponytail, etc) are reasonable and i'm sure that mom and daughter would agree with those, and maybe even brought them up.

eta: she has been there since the third grade and i assume that she has worn her hair in a similar manner for some of those years. it wasn't a distraction then?

Edited by Ladybird0724 - Nov 27 2013 at 2:00pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 2:26pm
if one of these were in class.. it wouldn't have been a problem 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style