BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Change natural or get Expelled

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsDidi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote MsDidi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 10:38pm
I know in the workplace it is illegal to ask someone to change their hair from its natural state because it is considered discrimination.  I would think that this rule would still apply here.  Also, why does she have to shave her head or alter it drastically?  Someone mentioned a bun...that should have been a suggestion if the size was really the distraction.  I think the issue is not the size but the texture, as to why she is getting ridiculed.  Also, as a Christian, I think it is odd that the focus of the authority is on the victim opposed to teaching the other children to be respectful and loving.  They should be the one's disciplined for their issues which could also be racially based.  That is what disturbs me the most.  I hope something stupid like this does not affect this young girl's faith.  She is being treated like a second class citizen because she is black.  That's the bottom line.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 10:42pm
I don't think the issue is with her hair texture, but rather how it is styled. There was no attempt made to groom it. It's not even an afro, it's just...frizz. Every child's hair should be groomed before going to school.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 10:47pm
this reminds me of when I started doing my little sisters hair for school.  she has BIG kinky curly hair that I wanted her to be proud of.  I wasn't letting my fam get her on the creamy crack like they did me at 7.  I would have her wear it out, something in the front to keep it out of her face, but basically loud like here i am hello world lol...my mom was like HELL NO.  but now she's going on 18 years old and still loves and takes care of her natural texture.  she wears it out and my mom can't stop it.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Nov 26 2013 at 10:47pm
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 11:35pm
Civil rights case.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 12:05am
They told her to either cut or straighten her hair, or gtfo. They told her this after her mother complained to school authorities about kids (prob. white) picking on her about her hair. Instead of reprimanding those little sh*ts, they tell her this. 
This isnt about the style. 
At all.

Y'all (that are saying it is) are cute for trying tho.
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 3:06am
Originally posted by SN2BPHD SN2BPHD wrote:

Civil rights case.

I'm saying? ACLuggagets no days off! This is ridiculous and should not be happening in the year of my Lord 20 and 13! Angry
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 4:46am
all throughout the 80's and 90's white women were wearing big hair (just like that girls) because it was fashionable and no one said a word.   the minute they change their mind on what is pleasing to eye black people are suppose to conform.  they stay making blackness a crime.
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 6:59am
Demons, fcuk em! Go and do your thing lil child!!
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:11am
How would they feel if they were asked to put chemicals in their child's hair. This is crazy. If I were mom I would go up to the school with a list of why everything they are asking is wrong and dangerous
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I'd send her to school the next day with bigger hair.
I'm a rebel.
This
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style