Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
hairizbeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia
    Posted: Oct 28 2006 at 9:08pm
CryI have just been diagnosed with central centrifugal cictricial alopecia a few weeks ago by my dermatologist.   She said that there is no known treatment and prescibed an antibiotic and tropical cremes.  I used it and my condition got worse.  So I stopped using it and of course discontinued using hair weaves (which was the cause of my problem....I am addicted to weave no more)  Now in the center of my scalp is extremly thin with some bald patches.  My hair is breaking excessively, not from the scalp with the bulb attaced, but just breaking in different lengths. I have started to going to a new hair stylists and I will try to see if she can help me keep the remaining strands that are thereCry.

But do you guys know of anyone with this problem or similar and how did they treat it and did they overcome it?
Sponsored Links

Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2006 at 1:52am
I would suggest that you call your physician, if the medications that were prescribed is not helping.  Before stopping any medications, you should consult your physician.  Sometimes, it might appear as if the condition is getting worse, but it will get better in the long run.  You might need to talk to her about trying cortisone shots, it is worth a shot.  It is an inflamation of the scalp, so the course of treatment is usually antibiotics, and steroids.

Edited for spelling

Edited by Claudie - Oct 29 2006 at 1:55am
2goodeyestoo View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2006 at 5:10pm

I am sorry that you have lost your hair. It is very traumatic for a woman to lose her hair let alone a black woman. I was curious if you bald areas happen to be red or inflammed because if they are just bald your hair may grow back. If it is red then it does not need to be irritated, so use something like a BABY shampoo  (e.g Johnson & johnson). You may also want to consult a second dermatologist. May I also inquire if you condition is hereditary -- runs in your family, because again your may grow back and the weaves may have been unforunately sewed too tightly in your scalp. Keep us posted WELCOME to BHM.

Edited by 2goodeyestoo - Oct 30 2006 at 5:21pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2006 at 6:07pm
The area is not red but it is inflammed, like a slight itchy, tingling feeling like needle "pinish" sensation if that makes any sense. I do have hereditary thining but not balding to my knowledge.  And you are exactly correct, the lady that use to weave my hair did it too tight but because I so naive at the time my thinking was the tighter the track the longer it  lasted but unfortunately that thinking may have also caused permenant damage.  I feel there is still a potential for my hair to regrow because the existing hairs that are there have some new growth.  My hair is so thin in the crown area that when it is styled you can see the actuall thinning spot and it only got to that extreme point after i started using the prescribed antibiotic and topical steroid cremes from the doctor!  People have been telling me to message the scalp and try to keep the hair that I have left which is proving to be hard due to my shedding.  So i am looking for a regimen to at minimum keep a healthy scalp and healthy hair. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2006 at 6:11pm
p.s this board is so kewl and you guys offer great advice!
havilland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2006 at 6:38pm
i would talk to my doctor about minoxodil. sp? (rogaine)

call your physician.  asap.

i know this is hard for you.  but seek another professional opinion.  as soon as you can.

in the meantime try to visit a stylist who specializes in hair care and growth. 
2goodeyestoo View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2006 at 8:15pm
I am not a doctor or a dermatologist (graduate student for speech pathology) ask you doctor if you can take an oral product.... vitamins.

Flaxseed oil will help with dandruff and irritation of scalp.
Horsetail will help with growth -- now there are some possible side effects (water gain) if you are expecting or trying to conceive don't take horsetail. If you use horsetail take a vitamin B (Biotin or B-12)

GNC has a vitamin HAIR SKIN AND NAILS that include a lot of vitamins into one.
I was glad to read that baldness is not a hereditary problem for you, the first step will be is to get the hair follices healthy again, that way you can prompt new growth.
Ask you dermatologist once you take medications, such as the antibotic which takes 10 days to show up in your system or the rogaine (30days?) (Does anyone know how long  rogaine takes to show some effectiveness?)  Because once your scalp is no longer red than maybe you could use WGO (wild growth oil) or (MTG)
I know this might sound hard but try as hard as you may to allow your hair to receive as much AIR as possible.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2006 at 8:48pm
Well my dermatologist did recommend the rogain in 5% the men strength,  but what I will try first to do is air my out without the weave, with this new stylist I am going to then if I do not see any improvements then i will use the rogaine.  The rogaine takes about three months to start showing results, again I will have to take it in strides. I bought the fish oil an i will try the gnc vitamins.  Do you know which vitamins may be good for circulation if any?
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2006 at 4:23am
Originally posted by 2goodeyestoo 2goodeyestoo wrote:

I am not a doctor or a dermatologist (graduate student for speech pathology) ask you doctor if you can take an oral product.... vitamins.

Flaxseed oil will help with dandruff and irritation of scalp.
Horsetail will help with growth -- now there are some possible side effects (water gain) if you are expecting or trying to conceive don't take horsetail. If you use horsetail take a vitamin B (Biotin or B-12)

GNC has a vitamin HAIR SKIN AND NAILS that include a lot of vitamins into one.
I was glad to read that baldness is not a hereditary problem for you, the first step will be is to get the hair follices healthy again, that way you can prompt new growth.
Ask you dermatologist once you take medications, such as the antibotic which takes 10 days to show up in your system or the rogaine (30days?) (Does anyone know how long  rogaine takes to show some effectiveness?)  Because once your scalp is no longer red than maybe you could use WGO (wild growth oil) or (MTG)
I know this might sound hard but try as hard as you may to allow your hair to receive as much AIR as possible.

I concur with everything that 2goodeyestoo stated, very excellent advice.  It depends on the individual how soon one will see benefits with using Rogaine, some people will start getting patchy growth in the area within fifteen days.  Hairiz,IMO, I think that you should use Rogaine as a last resort.  Because, once Rogaine is stopped, the hair that is gained would be lost, you will have to continue using it.  I would encourage you to try MTG, I think that would really help.  Massage the area lightly for ten minutes twice per day, with this mixture, an ounce of Jojoba oil,  20 drops of peppermint essential oil, 20 drops Nettle, 20 drops Rosemary. one ounce castor oil, for your daily scalp massages.  This mixture will awaken your hair follicles.  Start taking vitamins, 2goodeyestoo gave you great advice.  Biotin and MSM, B-Complex is good also.  I believe in trying a cure from inside the body, and also topically.  Keep your scalp clean, and low manipulation.  Use a gentle shampoo, and do your conditioning treatments.  Eat healthy, and drink lots of water, if you can also drink carrot juice daily.  I believe within my heart, that you will achieve good results.

Edited by Claudie - Oct 31 2006 at 4:27am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2006 at 11:16am

What about the nioxin product line system for thinning hair.  I just recently moved from philly and my old hair stylist used the nioxin products on my hair.  I did notice some thickening of my hair but when I used it at home I got awful results.  It made my hair dry and tangled.  I think that my old hair stylists may have mixed it with something?  do you guys know anything about the nioxin hair care systems.

With the GNC vitamins I heard it makes your urine change color and smell, Is that a very potent vitamin to your knowledge.  Would it make a difference if I take biotin and msm supplements individually or will they work just as fine in a multi-vitamin format. 

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic