Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2009
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cayenne Pepper and Olive oil GROWTH AID? INFO!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedCayenne Pepper and Olive oil GROWTH AID? INFO!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
drjo91 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cayenne Pepper and Olive oil GROWTH AID? INFO!!
    Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 6:33pm
Has anyone used this and if so did it work? I read in LHCF that someone knew a person that shaved their head and starting using this before every wash. The person's hair grew down their butt in like less than two years. Cayenne pepper can serve as an stimulant since it makes your scalp burn lol. Anyone?.....
                              CAYENNE PEPPER BENEFITS

When applied external on the human skin, rubefacient herbs like cayenne pepper causes irritation and redness of the skin-consequently, there is the attraction of the blood towards the area of the skin where the rubefacient herb was applied. It is the increased peripheral blood circulation that helps in relieving pain, reducing congestion and inflammation of the external tissues.

Most analgesic creams, liniments and lotions available commercially today, contains capsaicin as their main active component. Applying any product that contains capsaicin extracted from cayenne pepper -will first of all stimulate or cause the skin to glow fiery red (due to the irritation of mucous membrane) and subsequently, decreases the intensity of visceral pain in the area of where the product was applied. Home-made cayenne oil could be prepared by infusing 25g of dried ground cayenne pepper in 500ml of vegetable oil such as sunflower, olive oil, etc for about 10 to 14 days. The oil is warmed daily under a very low heat. Other rubefacient herbs such as cloves, mustard, ginger, black pepper could be added if desired.

Home-made cayenne liniment is however, superior to the cayenne oil because it absorbs easily through the skin when it is applied externally.

A liniment is usually prepared by steeping rubefacient herbs like cayenne into 70 per cent alcohol for about 10 - 14 days.

After filtering, the liniment is then bottled and labelled and is ready for external use. The cayenne oil prepared as indicated above could be added to the liniment to double or to enhance its efficacy. Alternatively, other essential oils like the Eucalyptus oil, oil of cloves, etc could be added to the liniment to improve its healing quality.

Cayenne pepper could be applied directly on the skin in the form of herbal poultice. Ground dried cayenne pepper is made into a paste by adding hot water. Alternatively, the ground or powdered pepper could be mixed with equal quantity of powdered charcoal and then mixed into a paste with hot water.

The cayenne or its mixture with charcoal is spread directly on the affected part. The cayenne could also spread between gauze and placed on the affected part. It is then covered with light cloth or gauze and bandaged loosely.

You can actually mix cayenne with water, make a paste and  massage your scalp with it. You leave it in 20 to 30 minutes and then  wash it out.  Excellent results have been seen  with alopecia,  male pattern baldness and excellent results also in women that have lost their hair.

In the early days of medical practice, the practitioners stimulates hair growth in cases of alopecia (hair loss) by massaging the scalp with a mixture of cayenne pepper, and salt into fresh onion juice - cayenne triggers off increased blood circulation to the scalp - which increases its nourishment and hair growth.

Today, most natural hair tonic contains, cayenne or the capsaicin extracted from it as an essential ingredients.

Edited by drjo91 - Sep 28 2008 at 10:25pm
Sponsored Links

caramellady85 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 6:41pm
wow that's incredible growth...I've used it a few times but not enough to have results
drjo91 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 6:43pm
Does it burn? lol

Miss ViVi View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 6:50pm
Bump curious about it as well
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 7:09pm
I read about it too. There's actually a thread on LHCF about a cayenne pepper challenge. Some people obtained results but the majority had problems with itchy scalp and abandoned the challenge. I have the cayenne pepper and olive oil mixture but I don't use it regularly enough to claim results. 
drjo91 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 7:19pm
Really, i am going to check that out.
Cookiez189 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 9:30pm
bumping
drjo91 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 10:23pm

bump

Miss ViVi View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 10:33pm
Interesting...I wonder if anyone who used it noticed growth?
JustahGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 10:41pm
OMG, I have tried this....my scalp itched SO SO bad, and I had scabs that STUNG! Cry it was horrible....I heard about it from one of my relatives who is Haitian and has crazy LONG hair....so I thought I would try it....not a good idea AT ALL...I actually had bald patches from the scabs 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic