Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Caution when using Aleenes Stop Fraying!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
cali1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cali1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caution when using Aleenes Stop Fraying!
    Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 4:09pm
I just sealed my SSNR with Aleene's Stop Fraying that I learned about on YT. I sewed the hair to a u-part, washed and conditioned. When I condition my hair, I usually zap it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. I did the same this time but used Aleene's Stop Fraying for the first time. I washed the conditioner out and noticed that the weft sealer turned white! It looks a mess! Dead I'm sure it was the heat from the microwave because the sealer dried clear. 

I don't know what i'm going to do about the white wefts but i wanted to get the warning out to all of yall.  
Sponsored Links

Posh Ams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Posh Ams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 4:29pm
Thanks for the heads up OP!
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 4:52pm
thanks
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 4:52pm
Wow... The microwave?
I never thought of that
I always painstakingly wait for it to air dry
Memphisbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Memphisbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by cali1 cali1 wrote:

I just sealed my SSNR with Aleene's Stop Fraying that I learned about on YT. I sewed the hair to a u-part, washed and conditioned. When I condition my hair, I usually zap it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. I did the same this time but used Aleene's Stop Fraying for the first time. I washed the conditioner out and noticed that the weft sealer turned white! It looks a mess! Dead I'm sure it was the heat from the microwave because the sealer dried clear. 

I don't know what i'm going to do about the white wefts but i wanted to get the warning out to all of yall.  

OP, This is not unusual.  When it gets wet it turns white/gray, when it dries it should dry clear.  Or at least this has been my experience.
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 4:08pm
Aleene's turns white when it gets wet PERIOD. You're lucky yours didn't start peeling like mine did the first AND ONLY time I used it.
cali1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:39pm
I put the  Aleene's Stop Fraying on dry wefts ans allowed it to dry fir a day. I then sewed them on a u-part. I shampooed and conditioned the hair. I put the hair, soaked with conditioner, in a zip-lock bag, then in the microwave. When I removed it, the wefts were white. They hadn't turned white after I shampooed them..
DivaKeya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaKeya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:40pm
I use it all the time and never had a problem. The reason why it turned white is because it takes a week to cure. You should never wash your hair within 7 days after using the product.
1987ThinkPink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987ThinkPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:55pm
Isn't there a spray too?
CaramelKittyKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaramelKittyKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:06am
I seal my wefts with aleens & then dye the hair black usually in a plastic bag. The hair and the part that I seal is dyed black so I don't have that problem.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic