BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Catfish: Manti Te'o girlfriend's death a hoax

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catfish: Manti Te'o girlfriend's death a hoax
    Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 5:17pm
This is a nutty little story.Confused

Manti Te'o girlfriend's death a hoax

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame says a story about Manti Te'o's girlfriend dying, which he said inspired him to play better as he helped the Fighting Irish get to the BCS title game, turned out to be a hoax apparently perpetrated against the linebacker.

The university issued a news release Wednesday after Deadspin.com reported it could find no record of Lennay Kekua existing.

The university says that Notre Dame coaches were informed by Te'o and his parents on Dec. 26 that Te'o had been the victim of what appeared to be a hoax. Someone using a fictitious name "apparently ingratiated herself" with Te'o, the school said, then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had died of leukemia.

The university said "the proper authorities" are investigating a "very cruel deception."

On Sept. 12, Te'o learned that his 72-year-old grandmother, Annette Santiago, had died. Te'o said he was told just six hours later that Kekua, had lost her battle with leukemia.

According to Deadspin, the only photos that have been found online that identified Kekua, are actually pictures of another 22-year-old woman. That woman, who was not named in the report, told Deadspin one of those photos likely was shared by her former high school classmate named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

Friends and relatives of Tuiasosopo told Deadspin they believe he created Lennay Kekua. Kekua does not have a death certificate, Deadspin.com reported. Stanford, where she reportedly went to school, has no record of anybody by that name.

According to the Deadspin report, Te'o and Tuiasosopo have been in contact via Twitter, including exchanging several friendly messages last summer. A Notre Dame source told ESPN that Te'o was vetted heavily when the school learned in December that Kekua was a hoax, and said he believes Te'o was not involved. But a friend of Tuiasosopo told Deadspin he was quote "80 percent sure" that Te'o participated and did so with publicity in mind.

Te'o issued a statement Tuesday afternoon:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

Te'o is currently training in preparation for the NFL draft at the IMG Institute in Bradenton, Fla. He is No. 8 on Mel Kiper's latest draft board.

Information from The Associated Press and ESPN.com's Mike Fish is included in this report.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 5:19pm
I am inclined to believe that he was in on this.  
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 5:20pm
i was just about to post this.

i was like WTF.

I think he knew about it, ...did the ND team officials?

eta: maybe he didn't know about it right away. but as a bf, wouldn't it be weird if you didn't go to your gf's funeral? or have contact w/ the family about it? there's a lot of holes here.

Edited by Ladybird0724 - Jan 16 2013 at 5:23pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 5:21pm
Girllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I just read the rundown on deadspin...lol  Im like he Catfished himself?Confused Or was it an obsessed male fan posing as a chick and then "killed" her off and posed as the brother(happens all the damn time online). 

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 5:21pm
I agree he probably knew all about it.

Pushing for that Heisman man
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 5:21pm
^I'd like to think so too Wonderland because wouldn't you want to see an obituary of your innanet 'love of your life' gf or something? Anything?Geek
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 5:22pm
He was gonna use it to get that sympathy vote for the Heisman and still failed. 
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 5:25pm
yea he was in on it. this guy is a creep and a low life. he used this along with the death of his grandmother to get that heisman buzz. i hope the cowboys don't draft this clown.

Edited by James Avery - Jan 16 2013 at 5:26pm
Luv2Teach View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luv2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 5:25pm
I JUST read this on Facebook!

I think they were in on it. 
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 5:27pm
I hope the layon's dont pick him upSleepy His azz should drop major following that bama game.

ND is a joke...This is like their modern day "Rudy" story...full of bullsh!t to create fake honor
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>