Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Catcalling/Inappropriate Comments in Public?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 9:03pm
your area really does matter.. its kinda interesting. 

in my city guys are a lot more aggressive (not necessarily too aggressive though.. but they really go after what they want) but out here they're so meekish.. like if they don't get eye contact and a smile or signal.. most usually don't approach..   
tbh i thought it was me.. but when i go back to my city i see that its the area 
Sponsored Links

purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 6:50am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

My friends back home would laugh at me if I told them yall. This kind of behavior is unheard of. 

I honestly didn't know how to respond today when the other guy followed me and lectured me on not being stuck up. It's like one of those moments when you think back and realize all of the things you should've said but didn't. I should've lectured HIM on his arrogance/sense of entitlement. This is the same guy who one week ago when I was walking with my aunt grabbed my arm, told me he had a job, and his own place. Insinuating what? That you can take care of me and if we bumped uglies we'd be all alone in your dingy apartment? 

But nah. I just had this stupid grin on my face the whole time and started rolling my eyes when he got offensive. 

I guess I really am an e-thug because I was at a total loss for words. Why do people think things like this are OK?

^that's the problem - they don't think for themselves. 

These are just 'men' ( and I use that term loosely) who are acting exactly the way society has taught them to act- they think they are 'supposed to' act this way. Our society normalizes this ridiculous behavior and boys are taught to act this way by movies, by commercials, by music, by ads, etc. 

People need to start taking accountability. Even the men who don't catcall/act inappropriately towards women in public have a responsibility to speak up when they see it happening imo and to teach their sons that this is inappropriate and unacceptable behavior. 

And reading these posts/this thread is really disturbing - its sad seeing the lengths people have to take just to avoid people who act like they belong in a zoo. 

Edited by purpulicious01 - Dec 29 2013 at 7:01am
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 7:15am
And sorry this happened to you OP, but to answer your question:

I usually don't get catcalls or inappropriate comments, but if I did, I would've just called them out on their sexual harassment and let them know that how they are acting isn't acceptable. If I see it happening to another women/girl, then I will usually call them out. 

If I were in your shoes and I noticed that I was being followed, since I can be a very direct and blunt person,  I prlly just would've taken out my camera and started taking pictures and video recording him, telling him that I was going to broadcast the pictures/video - to YT, the police, family/brothers/uncles (other MEN), etc - of the harassment. 

And you "being completely covered" is irrelevant - even women who are covered head to toe get sexually harassed. It boils down to the men being responsible for their behaviors. And you are right - I know of some women who do enjoy the catcalls- it's weird and beyond me, but I  think those women just suffer from low-self esteem and need validation from other ppl. 

It's sad because sometimes I see other women/girls get embarrassed and they don't know how to respond so they just giggle or laugh it off because they think guys are 'supposed' to act this way. 

Pardon the essay, but you opened a can of worms LOL I'm very passionate about this topic if you couldn't tell. 

Edited by purpulicious01 - Dec 29 2013 at 7:15am
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 2:46pm
op you need to get pepper spray or a stun gun
Usually I try to unnerve them
I would politely take out my pepper spray If need be to show them I am serious
I will also proceed to take off my earrings
I am not playing
you gone have to put in some work to attack me 
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 12:31am
i remember many years ago me and my friend were walking down south street and the guys there were so bold to even grab u by your arm when u walk by to talk to you...it happened to  her and she told him ...u don't have to grab my arm to talk to me ...please go away....I forgot what happened after she said that to him but it was awful...

so sorry to read this happening to you..thank GOD that lady was there to intervene and help you with that situation...
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 12:35am
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

My friends back home would laugh at me if I told them yall. This kind of behavior is unheard of. 

I honestly didn't know how to respond today when the other guy followed me and lectured me on not being stuck up. It's like one of those moments when you think back and realize all of the things you should've said but didn't. I should've lectured HIM on his arrogance/sense of entitlement. This is the same guy who one week ago when I was walking with my aunt grabbed my arm, told me he had a job, and his own place. Insinuating what? That you can take care of me and if we bumped uglies we'd be all alone in your dingy apartment? 

But nah. I just had this stupid grin on my face the whole time and started rolling my eyes when he got offensive. 

I guess I really am an e-thug because I was at a total loss for words. Why do people think things like this are OK?

^that's the problem - they don't think for themselves. 

These are just 'men' ( and I use that term loosely) who are acting exactly the way society has taught them to act- they think they are 'supposed to' act this way. Our society normalizes this ridiculous behavior and boys are taught to act this way by movies, by commercials, by music, by ads, etc. 

People need to start taking accountability. Even the men who don't catcall/act inappropriately towards women in public have a responsibility to speak up when they see it happening imo and to teach their sons that this is inappropriate and unacceptable behavior. 

And reading these posts/this thread is really disturbing - its sad seeing the lengths people have to take just to avoid people who act like they belong in a zoo. 

WTF???? girl did u let any family members know of this creep and his sexual actions towards u?

the same guy?????????????????????AngryAngryAngryShockedShockedShocked
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic