Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Catcalling/Inappropriate Comments in Public?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

This past summer I didn't go into an elevator with 4 men. foh... One said there's room and I said id wait. Another one yelled as the doors were closing that they weren't gonna do anything to me and I don't need to be worried .

When I got downstairs they were in front of the building and one of them said he wishes he was stuck in the elevator with me... you have to ignore them or remove yourself

I feel ya !! I would've done the same thing.
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

foid card...on January 1st.

That and my conceal and carry license
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 2:48pm
sorry OP. It can get scary sometimes. 

Most of the things mentioned are things I do or have done. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. It's terrible that women need to have all these defense methods at the ready while they're out just grocery shopping or doing any other normal daily activity. It would be so much easier (better) if men just stopped doing this.

Edited by PurplePhase - Dec 28 2013 at 2:49pm
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 3:02pm
So I was called "stuck up" and made a mockery of. Fool followed me, then when I lied and said I had a boyfriend, got mad because he said he just wanted to be friends. Then started shouting for me to not be stuck up, inducing nothing but eye rolls from me because people were watching. I'm done with being polite. I don't know what's wrong with east coast men but a lot of them need a healthy dose of tact. 
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 3:31pm
Ok, so where can we buy mace from?

I take boxing classes but a bottle of mace can't hurt.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

It would be so much easier (better) if men just stopped doing this.
Oh, but they don't hear your wisdom though. Their egos and feelings of privilege are way too loud.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 3:50pm
I was searching groupon for self defense classes. They approach you in such a rude way but will snatch your wig off if you react accordingly.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

Ok, so where can we buy mace from?

I take boxing classes but a bottle of mace can't hurt.

last time I ordered, I think I got it here

http://www.thehomesecuritysuperstore.com/pepper-spray-gaw-c=30?gclid=CIa0upOF1LsCFYQ7OgodDD0Aaw

I got fox labs (what they say the police use) and sabre brands. I keep one everywhere in the house, also in car and purse. Also got a couple Lipstick and pen disguised types.

eta: these are very strong; and if you spray it, you need to be running while spraying lol, or it will incapacitate YOU too.

Edited by PurplePhase - Dec 28 2013 at 5:19pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

I was searching groupon for self defense classes. They approach you in such a rude way but will snatch your wig off if you react accordingly.

mhm.. me too. 
like i can fight fairly well but this fighting i wanna do.. krav maga.. teaches you how defend yourself in all types of predicaments.. I've been reading reviews and their classes mock scenarios like if you're stuck on your back, in a tight area, multiple ppl, if there are knives involved, if you're disoriented/drunk (they spin you around several times while blind folded) and lots of other scenarios‚Ķ 

I've always wanted to do it but especially now.. sounds like fun and really beneficial. 
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 5:26pm
Most terrifying experience of my life
He was following me outside of a shopping center
I didn't move my car next to the second store I wanted to go in because I didn't want to be lazy
I pepper sprayed him and kicked him
he took off in the other direction
this was a while ago

n

Edited by AwesomeAries - Dec 28 2013 at 5:29pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs