Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Catcalling/Inappropriate Comments in Public?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 5:42pm
Ignore them and KIM....plus I always walk with a "don't fuk with me face "
Sponsored Links

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 6:29pm
move to a predominately gay area....the men won't do it..and the women shouldn't be too bad
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 7:51pm
The only solution to this problem is to get a gun, mace, or a taser. Men won't learn to stop doing this until you tase the out of them.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Hello BHM!

I'm currently undergoing a dilemma. For those of you who will take this as a shameless attempt at bragging, boosting myself, etc etc please exit. This is a serious post.

What do you do about catcalling in public? Some of it is fine e.g. simple compliments or what have you. But, I literally broke into tears when I came home from shopping because some old ass man literally followed me two blocks. He was talking with his friends and then they all began with the catcalls but I just kept it moving. Then I noticed one of them was following me. When I started to run, he quickened his pace. An older woman who was nearby actually had to walk me to my apartment because she realized what this crackhead was doing.

So what do you do? I was completely covered and make sure I am at all times when I go out now. I'm kind of at a loss. I've Googled other women's experiences and realized some women find comfort in sh*t like this happening but I do not. Help?

It's the culture. :(

I hate to say it but .. it's reason 156 I left the country.

That mess has not happened to me in years ... never will happen to me again as that is unheard of over here.

At least .. change your environment because you can't control EVERY guy that you might walk by everyday.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 8:09pm
i bought mace and a pocket knife. won't stop the catcalls. for that you need sh1t self esteem and to walk with your head down Sleepy
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 8:25pm
I'm flattered. I'm so damn fine that causes you to lose your composure?

The only time I hate it is if the man is old. Then I will give him a rude nasty look
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

I'm flattered. I'm so damn fine that causes you to lose your composure?

The only time I hate it is if the man is old. Then I will give him a rude nasty look

Blac I can't take
This ain't the tine for this
MsBianca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 8:33pm
When I was married I would always smile politely, thank them 4 the compliment, and tell them I'm married. Did the trick most if the time.

When I got a divorce I quickly realized that I needed to follow the same protocol. So I keep a fake ring with me to use in certain situations. Crazy I know but it works well.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 8:36pm
Completely different topic but most guys who flirt aren't mean or intimidating most of them if you decline or even ignore it they just let it go.

But this isn't one of those situations I think this guy is just crazy.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 8:50pm
My friends back home would laugh at me if I told them yall. This kind of behavior is unheard of. 

I honestly didn't know how to respond today when the other guy followed me and lectured me on not being stuck up. It's like one of those moments when you think back and realize all of the things you should've said but didn't. I should've lectured HIM on his arrogance/sense of entitlement. This is the same guy who one week ago when I was walking with my aunt grabbed my arm, told me he had a job, and his own place. Insinuating what? That you can take care of me and if we bumped uglies we'd be all alone in your dingy apartment? 

But nah. I just had this stupid grin on my face the whole time and started rolling my eyes when he got offensive. 

I guess I really am an e-thug because I was at a total loss for words. Why do people think things like this are OK?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic