Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

CAT LADIES: I finally got one!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CAT LADIES: I finally got one!!!
    Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:11pm
If you aren't into extended conversations about cats you may want to not read this threadBig smile

It's been a while since I've been in here but I have excellent news...I have a cat now.  She is approximately 9 months old (we think) and we've had her since September.  She is a weird little kitty.  We put up sticky paws on the couches when we first got her and she hasn't tried to scratch the furniture really.  She also doesn't chew on wires.  She doesn't scratch or bite people and is very friendly.  Even my cat hating mama likes her.  She is playful and it's pretty funny when she gets into her "kitten fits" and runs around the house like she's high on some kind of drug.  She likes watching dead earthworms outside the window.

The best part is, she uses her litterbox perfectly!!!

She has a few strange behaviors though and if anyone here can provide insight I'd be much obliged.

SHE SCRATCHES WALLS
She has several scratching posts through out the house which she does use.  But she will randomly stand up next to a wall and give a it a few scratches and keep it moving.  The walls aren't textured, it's just plain drywall.  So far, it hasn't caused damage but the sound is like nails on a chalkboard.

The main time she does this is in the early morning starting around 6:00am.  She didn't always do this either, it started maybe 2-3 weeks ago.  She also didn't used to scratch the drapes in my room when I started letting her sleep in there with me either but she does that now too. 

I think this is a marking thing but I would really like for it to stop because it wakes me up an hour earlier than I intend be cause of the sound and annoyance doesn't let me go back to sleep.

It may also be attention seeking too because when she think she may be reprimanded, she will run up to my bed, lay with me for a few minutes and then get into something else.  This cycle continues until it's about time for me to get up feed her then start getting ready for my sucky job.

The drapes in my bedroom...
putting tape on them seems to help but I see now that it HAS the be a clear double-sided sticky tape they sale at pet stores or she will just try to peel it off an chew it

SHE CHEWS BASEBOARDS
--This doesn't happen as much now that I've started spraying Bitter Apple Spray or vinegar on things.  She hates the taste of that stuff...shoot, I can't even stand the smell of that bitter apple.  I have to say that this works to prevent her from licking/chewing on things but does NOTHING to prevent scratching.

JUMPING ON THINGS SHE SHOULDN'T BE ON
She is not allowed on counters or in kitchen chairs.  I personally don't mind her being on kitchen chairs but it's my sister's house, her rules.  She's not to be on the mantle above the fireplace and stuff like that.
--We actually got her to stop doing this so much by using a spray can thing they make call SScat Cat.  This stopped her from really going into the kitchen as well. 
--When she's being especially stubborn we put regular tape on raised surfaces we don't want her to be on.  When she jumps on them she gets a paw full of tape that is stuck on her for added traumatizationEvil Smile

Would having one of those cat trees help with this at all?

CLAW TRIMMING
She's pretty much fine with her back feet being trimmed but I have yet to successfully get through all of her front claws.  The people who had her when she was a tiny baby didn't take time to get her used to having her front feet handled which really really sucks.  This wasn't a thought when we picked her out (for some reason) and is the reaosn why when I ever get another one I'm getting a smaller kitten.

FOOD AND WATER
She turns over her water bowl and then has to lick it up like an idiotWacko

Thoughts on using a spray bottle...
This works as well as you think it does but only when you are there, same when scolding and time out.  Of course all cats are different and it may be because she wasn't really really small when we got her but she only learns to do what she has to to not get sprayed.  She doesn't learn to avoid the situation. i.e. she was sprayed probably a hundred times before finally getting into the Christmas tree and knocking it over.LOLLOLLOL

Declawing...this is not an option.  I don't want to make her any more 'special' than she already is.

Cat Ladies and Cat ladies of BHM, please provide feedback on how I can make my kitty a better feline citizen.  If you are thinking of getting a furry compadre please post your questions and concerns.Big smile

Edited by mangachan - Jan 05 2013 at 10:12pm
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:12pm
im sorry you made such a poor decision and didn't get a puppyCry
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:13pm
Wack thread!!!!
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

im sorry you made such a poor decision and didn't get a puppyCry

Oh hushLOL
I'm a cat/dog person.  Trust me, I tried fighting for team dog.Cry
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:14pm
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Come into our sanctuary and leave the haters behind you
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:15pm
Foxy can come in here and interpret all that...
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:17pm
AWESOME!!  Thanks for that link!!
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:18pm
I was looking at lil kittens at the pet store just the other day....I want one, tooCry
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:19pm
Skittles is right. Pics are needed to better assess your adorable kitty situation.

From my experience, making a loud noise (snapping or a loud clap) and saying 'No!' will eventually break them of their bad habits. No de-clawing needed.Big smile

Give her a scratching post house (like $20 at Wal Mart) to play on and see if it helps.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:20pm
I've heard about and seen cats climbing drapes. Thankfully ours never did that. Do you have any things that it can climb? Cats need to climb . A tree might be a good idea.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic