Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
RelaxedDiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carrots for hairgrowth
    Posted: Sep 18 2005 at 12:27pm
Did you know that carrots can help make your hair grow faster? I remember someone from Long Hair Care Forum (which I'm still a member) did a challenge to determine how much new growth can be obtained by drinking or eating carrots. It's more than likely you can do that.

I would like to do a challenge to see if anyone here can obtain some new growth by consuming carrots in their meals. Rules are simple: The carrots can be juiced, or eaten to give you results. They have Beta Carotene, hence the name carrots, and other nutrients as well. Sorry, NO carrot oil or cream will be used.

If anyone wants to join me, feel free to jump on board.
Also, post your new growth status on the same post. Let's get growing!!!

RelaxedDiva

Edited by RelaxedDiva
Sponsored Links

gonnagrow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2005 at 2:06pm
I will take the challenge with you.  I read before on this same board that carrot juice can make your hair thicker.  I was making it myself and adding apple, orange, or pineapple juice to cut back on the thickness of the juice plus the taste.  That was too much work for me so about a week ago I started buying baby carrots instead.  I am trying to eat healthier and lose a little bit of weight as well, plus in the back of my head I remembered it can make my hair thicker.

So should we eat it daily or what?  Like what is our game plan in eating the carrots or drinking the juice?

Also how do people post info on the bottom of there post?  ie Taking a break from relaxers

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2005 at 2:37pm
I'm glad you're joining me, gonna. The plan is simple. You can drink or eat your carrots 2x a week, or daily if you wish. Just as long as you incorporate them with your meals or snacks. You can also get Bolthouse Farms carrot-apple juice in quarts or smaller. I'm doing both the juice and the frozen carrots.

And to quote you on how to add the info at the botom of your post, just click on the Settings tab at the top of the page here. Then click on Edit Profile. And just type in your signature info. Good luck with the challenge.

RelaxedDiva
hulahi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2005 at 3:26pm

I will join you be eating raw carrots, but how much do you need a day...maybe 10 baby carrots???

p.s.  I've noticed an increase in thickness just drinking more water, air drying my hair and WGO.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2005 at 4:42pm
Hulahi, 10 baby carrots are sufficient. I'll be buying the 4 pack of baby carrots to snack on. 1 little pack is enough to have for 1 day.

RelaxedDiva
hulahi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2005 at 7:56pm

thanks relaxed diva

Temp202 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2005 at 8:11pm
yea I think I might take the carrot challenge in October and wgo made my hair grow too
carameldiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2005 at 11:32pm
Count me in too- i started today.
hulahi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2005 at 1:39am

TEMP202,

Okay, I think you're the fifth person here who said WGO oil made their hair grow.  How often did you use it and did you mix it with any other oil? How much growth did you get in a month's time.

I've seen thickness, but not a lot of growth.  After reading some of the post, I think part of my lack of results came from (1) oversaturating my hair with the oil and (2)applying the oil while my hair was still wet (I would apply it right after my leave in conditioner-Infusium23)  I'm going to start applying it dry and see what type of  results I get.

Everythin_Nice View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2005 at 2:43pm

I added a few drops of olive oil and jojoba oil to my WGO just 2 make it smell a little better. I was going 2 get other oils 2 put in it because I realized WGO already has olive and jojoba oil in it. But I didnt get 2 it. 

Ive gotten just about 2 inches of new growth in a month using WGO, but I try 2 keep healthy, drink lots of water, stay away from heat, and take vitamins everyday. So I think all of that could have something 2 do with my new growth. I also use Surge but I only recently started using it.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic