Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carol's Daughter Files For Bankruptcy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

Author
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 4:20pm
Ugh they need to stop.Dead
Sponsored Links

TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 4:57pm
I knew something was up when I was at Lenox Square a few weeks ago and they were dismantling the store and salon they had in the mall.  Didn't look like a sign a progress. 

And plus they have a lot of competition now.  My local Walmart has an impressive natural products section, with a good number of black-owned companies products.  The natural hair care industry has really boomed, but interestingly enough, naturals tend not to use a lot of products on their hair.
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 5:02pm
Miss Jessie's has been copied by Aunt Jackies (http://auntjackiescurlsandcoils.com/).  I think Carol's Daughter needs to scale down the product line and get placement in Walmart.  They can still sell for a decent price.  Half the products in the natural hair care section are pricey ($8-20+).
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Don't see filing Chapter 11 as a big deal. Companies do it all the time to relieve themselves of old debts so they can restructure.

Yeppers! Clean up that balance sheet and keep it moving.  
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 7:39pm
Maybe bradgelina can help them out.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 10:09pm
Their shyt was probably just too high. I don't think black women care about if products are marketed to them or not. We should but we aren't that conscious. Hell, black women still buying up Miss Jessie's and Curls like it ain't no tomorrow. I'll admit I have one product by Curls and that's a pomade but that it for the reason I just mentioned.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 10:55pm
I use her Monoi Shampoo and Conditioner, and love it.

She does very well on HSN.

I believe her stores are being mismanaged.

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

Miss Jessie's has been copied by Aunt Jackies (http://auntjackiescurlsandcoils.com/).  I think Carol's Daughter needs to scale down the product line and get placement in Walmart.  They can still sell for a decent price.  Half the products in the natural hair care section are pricey ($8-20+).

They actually was sold in Walmart.  The brand was called CDX/CDXpress or something like that.  The ingredients was even worse that the regular Carol's Daughter line.

ETA: They discontinued carrying that line in Walmart several years ago. IMO you didn't miss much.

Edited by NARSAddict - Apr 25 2014 at 10:59pm
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

The acute rise and rapid fall of the new blackism

iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

*Waits for Miss Jessies to file*
I've noticed this brand has designed a product specifically for mixed hair...they will go the same way unless they pack that ish up

That pic in the purple frame is lookin photoshopped in doe LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair