Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
shonuffaharlem View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carols Daugher HATES Black Women
    Posted: May 26 2011 at 1:48pm

Link to the blog http://www.whataboutourdaughters.com/waod/2011/5/4/carols-daughter-hates-black-women-why-no-self-respecting-bla.html

Carol's Daughter HATES Black women- Why no Self-Respecting Black Woman Should EVER Purchase Carol's Daughter Products EVER!

DateWednesday, May 4, 2011 at 6:42AM AuthorThe Blogmother

I'm terribly disappointed that so many of you let Carol's Daughter engage in a massive display of FOOLISHNESS and did not call them on their crap while I was on blogcation during the month of April.  

Now some might think "HATE" is too harsh a term, but we like to make things crystal clear. Some of you like to justify, rationalize and marginalize the systemic assault on Black women around the world. We won't hold your hand and coddle you so you can remain asleep. You can continue to be DE-LUSIONAL somewhere else.

When  someone is an anti-Black woman bigot, we don't allow you wiggle room to hem and haw about it. Steve Stoute of Carol's Daughter just lit a cross and placed in on your front lawn. Will you ignore the burning cross on your front law? He might be putting the flowery language of marketing and advertising around that burning cross, but its still there saying "Carol's Daughters hates Black women." They love your money... you, not so much.  

Generally speaking most brands that create products for a specific demographic, don't go out of their way to say that their customers are unimportant, unwanted, or obsolete. They may think it, but they will never build a marketing campaign around it.

Behold Carol's Daughter, a company that built itself targeting Black women's beauty and their desire to throw their Black women customers under the bus by declaring that Black women are no longer important and no longer exist. NO, I'm not exaggerating.

While I was away on blogcation, Carol's Daughters sent out a new press release with this RIDICULOUS ad quoting anti-black woman bigot Steve Stoute who apparently is running things over there these day. Behold the foolishness.

"We want to be the first beauty brand that truly captures the beauty of the tapestry of skin types in America. When I say polyethnic, I mean women who are made up of several ethnicities. If you ask them what they are, they’re going to use a lot of different words to describe themselves. That’s in line with the Census data coming out — people are checking much more than two boxes. We believe we’ve put together a shoot that celebrates many different ethnicities, to become a mirror of what America’s really becoming.[...]“They will serve as cultural ambassadors in bringing forth this acceptance that the definition of beauty is now colorless."

Read more: 
Selita Ebanks, Solange Knowles & Cassie Are The New Faces Of Carol’s Daughter | Necole Bitchie.com 

Translation. Colorless=ANYTHING BUT BLACK! No. No. Don't be confused by the multi-ethnic empowerment gibberish. That's an obfuscation and redirection technique.  Focus on "colorless." He wanted to say BLACK-less or "Black does NOT equal beautiful...or profitable."

I totally GET wanting to expand your market to appeal to women who are not African American, then why not launch an ad featuring Asian, Hispanic, and White women. Why this gibberish?

• Do you see Pampers spitting in the face of the mothers who purchase diapers? Talkin' bout' "we live in a motherless society."
  • Do you see Old Spice saying "men don't count." Or "We live in a genderless society."
  • Do you see Fix-O-Dent clowning the elderly saying "forget  senior citizens, young people are our future"

What unmitigated gall to try to wipe out the concept of Black beauty... problably because he doesn't believe in it. Really? Beauty is now colorless? Then why did y'all airbrush your new spokespeople within an inch of their lives to make them all appear lighter than a brown paper bag?

Second, Iman already successfully launched a multicultural beauty brand that manages to appeal to a wide range of women without trying to make any group invisible.

Again,  Iman  manage to promote her concept of beauty diversity without bashing Black women.  So Carol's Daughter isn't being innovative, just run-of the mill self-hating Black folks. Lisa Price clearly believes that the only way to expand her business is to send out a press release announcing her desire to  run from BLACKness and that offends me.   

From Necole Bitchie:

Each of the three new Carol’s Daughter models – Cassie (African American, Mexican and Filipina), Selita (Native American, Irish and African-American), and Solange (African American and French Creole)

Read more: Selita Ebanks, Solange Knowles & Cassie Are The New Faces Of Carol’s Daughter | Necole Bitchie.com 

Name one Black person with relatives in Louisiana that can't claim French or Native American ancestry. Is this 2011? Are these people serious?  I halfway expect Steve Stoute to start talking about "good hair." Oh wait, Lisa did it for him. 

"Diversity" that explicitly excludes me is bigotry that is just as vile as Jim Crow. What is this 1800?

They could have said "Hey, we want to appeal to all women of color." They could have said, "We make products that meet the unique needs of women of multi-ethnic heritage." They could have said "Carol's Daughter wants to expand to take advantage of new census numbers that indicate a significant increase in bi-racial Americans."But they didn't. They could have done what Dove has done in their attempt to appeal to men and created a new related line, but they didn't. They could have positioned this campaign as an ADDITION TO what they've already done, but instead, they decided to jettison their original customer base in an attempt to appeal to a new one. They basically said we want to appeal to women who aren't BLACK. #FAIL!

Lisa Price, good luck with your "colorless" beauty. But you and I know that it was BLACK beauty that built your company. It was Black publications and Black bloggers who promoted your brand and for you to now say that there is something provential or inferior about Blackness, to the point that you don't want to acknowledge BLACK BEAUTY is the height of hypocrisy and self hatred.  Black women don't have to become invisible for you to celebrate the spectrum of beauty, but clearly we need to go away to please Steve Stoute.

Steve Soute clearly believes that Black women are stupid and will purchase the products of a company that says they don't exist- a company that no longer wants to be associated with Blackness.

Please my sistren find some dignity and some self respect and prove him wrong. Here is your permission slip to NOT buy Carol's Daughter products. Let all the colorless women of America line her coffers. 

Edited by shonuffaharlem - May 26 2011 at 1:50pm
Sponsored Links

Mrs.Me View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 1:50pm
Didn't we fight over this like a month ago?
ETA:  I don't like her products anyway.  They did nothing for my hair and they are overpriced.

Edited by Mrs.Me - May 26 2011 at 1:52pm
mujerc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 1:52pm
yep we did
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Mrs.Me Mrs.Me wrote:

Didn't we fight over this like a month ago?
ETA:  I don't like her products anyway.  They did nothing for my hair and they are overpriced.
LOL

and I won't be buying her products.
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 1:54pm
[QUOTE=shonuffaharlem]

Link to the blog http://www.whataboutourdaughters.com/waod/2011/5/4/carols-daughter-hates-black-women-why-no-self-respecting-bla.html

Carol's Daughter HATES Black women- Why no Self-Respecting Black Woman Should EVER Purchase Carol's Daughter Products EVER!

DateWednesday, May 4, 2011 at 6:

It has been studied time and time again ... and the simple fact is that there are virtually NO  Black Americans that not not mixed with another race. Virtually none. This is the product of the politics of slavery. DUH!! (I am not talking about Black people that are from Africa and then packed up an moved to America 50 years ago. I am talking about Black Americans that are the decendants of slaves and have been living in America these last 400 or so years.)

So YES, her products are for the diversity of Black Americas living today. What't the problem?

The way you have twisted what is going on here makes you sound absolutely crazy and paranoid! Dead
Especially if you are foolish enough not to realize that YOU ARE MIXED yourself. DUH!

My advice to you is to SEEK HELP!

Edited by Becky - May 26 2011 at 2:01pm
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 1:54pm
what? summary please.
livi123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 1:55pm
Damn tell us how u really feel!

[not you opLOL]
shoulderlengthb View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Mrs.Me Mrs.Me wrote:

Co sign.

Mrs.Me View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

what? summary please.
Carols daughter hired some light skinned mixed women for her new ad campaign.   A lot of dark skinned women are offended even though Mary J. Blige has been the spokesperson for the longest.  That's my summary at least. 
camille07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 2:00pm
i agree with the author. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic