Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Caribbeans: Telling us what we already know news..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Caribbeans: Telling us what we already know news..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:50pm
I never cared for breadfruit. My mom loves that stuff though.
Sponsored Links

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

I like the way we eat ours. I hate when the "west" gets a hold of our stuff and "exotic-ize" it. See what they've done with palm oil?! I hope the price stays down!!! Angry

Sis what is this fruit called in Naija? Do we have it?
lemme butt inLOL

it's called 'afon' in yoruba....other ethnic groups have different words for it though obviously

Igbo it's ukwa. I searched it for her  http://allnigerianfoods.com/ukwa-breadfruit

Ive never had any mashed up breadfruit dishShockedShocked im aware that they use the flour to make dumplings, porridge etc but ive enver had that either. I like the breadfruit chips but they're hard to find or the company stopped making them

Afro perhaps they gave you too thick a piece, i like it thinly sliced.

NG no it didnt come from Africa, it came from Tahiti. I think the article said it as well.

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:56pm
Bammy is awesome!
I always wondered about why people love food that might kill them! When I first saw ackee I thought it was Scrambled eggs , with boiled green bananas
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

LOLLOLLOL...Gurlll u cant tell my Grand uncle nuffin..Cerassie oood for everythingLOLLOL
[/QUOTE]
Tea is the cure for everything according to my Mum. 

Got cramps? Drink tea!
Got the flu? Drink tea! 
Sprained your ankle? Drink tea! 
Got a gunshot wound? Drink tea!LOL
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:58pm
oh maybe its in more than one place on earth... IDK Nigerian's just said it grew there so that was my first thought, you know like yams and root veggies that people brought with them?
Just found out it was imported but its doing great in Africa!

Edited by naturesgift - Jul 01 2014 at 1:08pm
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Couldn't stomach breadfruit

Maybe it was the way it was prepared

And look at white folk again

Afro, IDK if the kind you had is like ours, but if you know an Igbo person, ask them to make you "ukwa". It's soooooo good! There's a "soupy" way to make it and they can also roast it. I can kill a roach for this!!!! Star
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Bammy is awesome!
I always wondered about why people love food that might kill them! When I first saw ackee I thought it was Scrambled eggs , with boiled green bananas

gyaaallll the bammy can potentially kill you too. don't you know about that cassava?! Ive never heard of anyone dying from ackee, you may get sick but not die. the thing is once the ackee pod opens the poison gas is released and its fine to eat. Its only when some unscrupulous person pries it open to sell then there's a problem

IA and understand a visitor's and some locals hesitation/hatred of ackee- it's a bright yellow food and looks like placa-placa but the other type - the hard ackee can come out in pods.

CHEESE SAUCE CHRISE i get up to grab a glass of water, i open the fridge what's there sitting on top shelf? A breadfruitCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

NG here's the full story, it's funny. 
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by kerysdream7 kerysdream7 wrote:

Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

LOLLOLLOL...Gurlll u cant tell my Grand uncle nuffin..Cerassie oood for everythingLOLLOL
Tea is the cure for everything according to my Mum. 

Got cramps? Drink tea!
Got the flu? Drink tea! 
Sprained your ankle? Drink tea! 
Got a gunshot wound? Drink tea!LOL
[/QUOTE]
yup..LOLLOL
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Bammy is awesome!

gyaaallll the bammy can potentially kill you too. don't you know about that cassava?! Ive never heard of anyone dying from ackee, you may get sick but not die. the thing is once the ackee pod opens the poison gas is released and its fine to eat. Its only when some unscrupulous person pries it open to sell then there's a problem

IA and understand a visitor's and some locals hesitation/hatred of ackee- it's a bright yellow food and looks like placa-placa but the other type - the hard ackee can come out in pods.

CHEESE SAUCE CHRISE i get up to grab a glass of water, i open the fridge what's there sitting on top shelf? A breadfruitCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

NG here's the full story, it's funny. 
ackee will poison u if u force it open the pods.And aslo if u don't clean out the insides properly. Love me some ackee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 1:23pm
I've also never had chocolate from the cocoa pod on the tree, ma dukes says it is "everything". *sigh*
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic