Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Caribbeans: Telling us what we already know news..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Caribbeans: Telling us what we already know news..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>

Author
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Where is glamrock?

We have ackee and breadfruit trees. when they're in season- just kill me. Except that seasoned rice (with ackee) and the pigstail or corned pork or ham!!!!!! lawwwddd

Lawd, my Mum will spend hours cleaning ackee like its fun or somethingConfused. Bags & bags of it. She stores it in ziplock bags & freezes it. Everyone comes to her for it. She's the ackee ladyLOL

I LOVE bammy!

I want some Sorrel.

Edited by kerysdream7 - Jul 01 2014 at 8:11am
Sponsored Links

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:33am
Next they'll be saying ackee is the superfood....

I'm really over this whole superfood thing, i mean really they just mean unprocessed, unpumped up with chemical foods is good for you... who knew? eyeroll....
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:49am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

I'm really over this whole superfood thing, i mean really they just mean unprocessed, unpumped up with chemical foods is good for you... who knew? eyeroll....
they started with coconut oil
I am waiting on Bissy and cerassie tea...
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

They can have that ish! cause mi nu want it! LOL
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:03am
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

I like the way we eat ours. I hate when the "west" gets a hold of our stuff and "exotic-ize" it. See what they've done with palm oil?! I hope the price stays down!!! Angry

Sis what is this fruit called in Naija? Do we have it?
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:12am
I hate breadfruit!

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

They can have that ish! cause mi nu want it! LOL
LOLLOLLOL...Gurlll u cant tell my Grand uncle nuffin..Cerassie oood for everythingLOLLOL
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by kerysdream7 kerysdream7 wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Where is glamrock?

We have ackee and breadfruit trees. when they're in season- just kill me. Except that seasoned rice (with ackee) and the pigstail or corned pork or ham!!!!!! lawwwddd

Lawd, my Mum will spend hours cleaning ackee like its fun or somethingConfused. Bags & bags of it. She stores it in ziplock bags & freezes it. Everyone comes to her for it. She's the ackee ladyLOL

I LOVE bammy!

I want some Sorrel.

GYALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL we either have 2 or 3 ackee trees out back. 'sass chrise!!!!!!!!!!!! These folks will eat ackee every raas day of the week, i hate it now. We'll freeze it for my aunt and sister but when we actually tried to cook it it became ackee soup. Ive said it before but she did it a few weeks ago again- my aunt had my cousin roast so many breadfruits to take to the states I had no ice for days (she stored them in the freezer)

Ive never had bissy tea in my life, i did send some for a BHMer though lolol, it was the tea bag. I bought a bag of pure bissy at the farmers marker last saturday- i dont even know how to do it. just put it in the pot and then make it boil up and then strain it? I wish someone told me about it being good for cases of poisoning BEFORE my dogs died.CryAngryOuch

Never had cerassie. #newyardie I hate bammy too. 

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

I like the way we eat ours. I hate when the "west" gets a hold of our stuff and "exotic-ize" it. See what they've done with palm oil?! I hope the price stays down!!! Angry

Sis what is this fruit called in Naija? Do we have it?
lemme butt inLOL

it's called 'afon' in yoruba....other ethnic groups have different words for it though obviously
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:41pm
Breadfruit must have been carried over from Africa- I happen to like it, to me its one of those veggies that takes on the flavor of anything you cook it in. Something like Eggplant or cassava?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic