Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Career advice for first job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jacy_babi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacy_babi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Career advice for first job
    Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 8:53am
Good afternoon ladies (UK time)

I start my first job out of university in one week's time. Is there any advice which ladies would like to impart with me?

Muchas gracias
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:16am
Don't say sorry unless you mean (women tend to over do this)
Don't burn bridges
Be nice to everybody, that cleaner might be your boss one day

Congrats and good luck

Edited by Prazol60 - Feb 08 2013 at 9:16am
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:45am
Step 1. back stab your coworkers
Step 2. get close to your boss
Step 3. ???
Step 4. profit

lol JK.I don't really have advice but  Congrats on the job.
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:51am
Never limit yourself and network, network, network.
Finesseful View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Finesseful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:55am
-Taking orders is apart of the job. Don't be one of those people that can't handle instruction.
-Get to know people. Your next opportunity could come from the folks you see everyday.
-Don't take out your personal frustrations on people. Leave your problems at home.
-Continue to update your resume and learn all you can while there and become certified in something.
-Don't get too comfortable.
-Keep looking at other jobs. Most young people get tired of a job after 9 months to a year. Also you never know what could happen. Just don't get outta that job/opportunity hunt groove ever. Hard to get back in it.
-Stand up for yourself if need be.
-Smile at people.
-Have fun :-)
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Don't burn bridges

Congrats and good luck

i have been trying to break my sister of this habit...she's 11...and then she'll say sorry for saying sorry...sigh
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:59am
when dressing for a job, always dress conservatively. know that dress code inside and out.

network.

look for a mentor. their advice can be invaluable.

i would observe people before really talking...you can learn a lot about your coworkers by observing them. then you will know the best way to deal with them.

don't get too personal to any coworkers

don't get drunk around coworkers.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Don't burn bridges

Congrats and good luck

i have been trying to break my sister of this habit...she's 11...and then she'll say sorry for saying sorry...sigh

Lol my little sis used to do this and the same age.
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

-Taking orders is apart of the job. Don't be one of those people that can't handle instruction.
-Get to know people. Your next opportunity could come from the folks you see everyday.
-Don't take out your personal frustrations on people. Leave your problems at home.
-Continue to update your resume and learn all you can while there and become certified in something.
-Don't get too comfortable.
-Keep looking at other jobs. Most young people get tired of a job after 9 months to a year. Also you never know what could happen. Just don't get outta that job/opportunity hunt groove ever. Hard to get back in it.

-Stand up for yourself if need be.
-Smile at people.
-Have fun :-)

This is so true. I used to wonder why people stay in a certain position and complain about it for so long! But then I realized that it's because they are too comfortable to leave and explore the unknown. It's good to spend at least a year or 2 in the same job(unless its a horrible place) before you move on. I get bored in my job but i don't want to job hop either. It's the second job I've had that lasted about a year.
jacy_babi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacy_babi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 12:58pm
Thanks for the advice. Especially Prazol60, I do apologize far too much for small things.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic