Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Natural Hair Care - Archives > Natural Hair Care Archives 2009
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedCare Free Curl?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
IVIE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Care Free Curl?
    Posted: May 17 2009 at 1:39pm
I am switching up my routine...

I bought Cantu Shea Butter moisturizing rinse out conditioner and Cantu Shea Butter Leave in conditioning repair cream. I figure I could use the rinse out conditioner for co-washing and the leave in repair cream for a conditioner. Now I also invested in some Care Free Curl Instant Moisturizer so that I could put that in my fro or puff to make it curly. Now, while I was in the BSS, i noticed that Care Free Curl had a whole line of products like Instant Activator, Neutralizer, etc. Has anyone had any experience with the Care Free Curl line? How effective has it been? I was reading the back of the activator and it seems to be a chemical and permanent process (which I am staying away from). Please advise.

Thanks Ladies!
Sponsored Links

monappy28 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 1:57pm
I use Care Free curl gold when I wear my hair loose. It is also a moisturizer for natural hair, it says so on the bottle.  It will NOT curl your hair, but it will moisturize it well due to the glycerine. It does mine anyway. The only thing I've used is the activator and it works well. So if your looking for it to curl your hair, sorry,it won't do that, but it will make it soft and moisturized. You don't need to use alot of it either.
Cupcake77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 2:06pm
There is a care free curl product that is permanent.... I think it comes in a plastic jar though.  It's a jherri curl-ish thing my sis used back in the day (ha that's so funny to me she's totally natural now)

anyways  I use the moisturising spray and gel and it one of the few things that defines my curls.  It is the ONLY thing that gives me a proper afro.

ETA: I gotta go to the hair store tomorrow. I'll try and find out which one that's the permanent so you (and other naturals) will know to stay away from it.

Edited by Cupcake77 - May 17 2009 at 2:07pm
IVIE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 2:09pm
Thanks ladies!!!!

I will patiently await your response Cupcake... i gotta go back to the BSS because i forgot to get some flexirods LOL
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 2:19pm
Carefree Curl activator & other curly perm products can help define/enhance existing curls only, if you don't have a curl pattern it won't give you one but it may help soften & moisturise your hair - some naturals (& even relaxed people) use these products. These are the maintenance products

The neutralizer is part of the chemical process, so be careful as it sounds like the store is selling maintenance products alongside the maintenance products.
Moodyma'am View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 2:24pm
I must say, I'm not very keen on CGCG moisturiser or activator (the 99% oil free one or something like that).   for all the talk of oil  free it made my hair jheri curl  greasy.   Felt like I' stepped backin time to the 80s and I was dancing to Shallimar  all over again
IVIE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Moodyma'am Moodyma'am wrote:

I must say, I'm not very keen on CGCG moisturiser or activator (the 99% oil free one or something like that).   for all the talk of oil  free it made my hair jheri curl  greasy.   Felt like I' stepped backin time to the 80s and I was dancing to Shallimar  all over again

LMAO!!!!!

Ill let yall know how it feels. I got a straw set about a week ago and im about to wash my hair... went looking for glycerin and the bss didnt have it. The one they had was like an oil based one even though its 100% glycerin. I ran across CFC because it said the instant moisturizer had protein and glycerin. If it only gives me moisture, then ill take that... thats a lot as it is lol
Cupcake77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 3:07pm
So I had to find out so I called my godfather, he owns a bSS.

Carefree curl Chemical Rearranger"... the old name was "Wave activator"   but apparently the "new wave activator is just a gel" so he says.  and the yea the "neutralizer" is apart of the chemical process.
IVIE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 3:46pm

def dont want any chemicals in my hair

Cupcake77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 3:51pm
yea I would avoid those names

chemical rearranger, neutraliser, and wave activator to be safe.

y'know what the natural hair section needs.  a falsifier thread - of products that appear to be safe but will actually chemically rearrange your hair. those blow-out kits and whatnot. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic