Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cant Cornrow Hair Under Wigs
    Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 3:57pm
What else do people do to lay their hair flat under their wigs besides cornrowing? My hair is shoulder length to collar bone length when stretched. I am a 4 b/c/lmnopq/z natural.

Edited by keepgrowing - Nov 09 2010 at 4:07pm
Sponsored Links

Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 4:36pm
Why can't your hair be cornrowed?

You could try wrapping, but since you're natural Idk how that would work.

I'm lazy so most times I would pull my hair back into a bun for a wig lol

Maybe some of the natural ladies will have better suggestions
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 5:01pm
Thanks babydoll!
Ya I wish I could pull off a bun, but my hair is huge.
I am terrible at cornrowing my own hair. It is a disaster lol. I had others cornrow my hair, but I feel like I am wasting money when I pay someone to do something so basic that I will just wear a wig on top of. I have watched a couple youtube videos and looked at some tutorials, but no matter what I can't cornrow. I am so frustrated with my hair. So I want to just wear wigs for the winter.

Edited by keepgrowing - Nov 09 2010 at 5:02pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 5:07pm
I'm thinking of just doing small twists and sewing them together or flat twisting the small twists. Hmmmmmm. Ya i'll just do that.
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

Thanks babydoll!
I am terrible at cornrowing my own hair. It is a disaster lol. I had others cornrow my hair, but I feel like I am wasting money when I pay someone to do something so basic that I will just wear a wig on top of. I have watched a couple youtube videos and looked at some tutorials, but no matter what I can't cornrow. I am so frustrated with my hair. So I want to just wear wigs for the winter.

KG - I do various things...I cornrow, flat-twist, pull it all back and braid the bottom and or wrap if it's after a fresh wash.  Mostly I do flat-twists or cornrows.  I just recently cut about 3 inches off my hair (don't ask why cause I can't answer LOL) but I am about a teensy weensy smidge above APL...

iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 5:53pm
I wore half wigs and I would just plait braid my hair and put a stocking cap on it worked fine for me
Micarae View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 6:29pm

What else do people do to lay their hair flat under their wigs besides cornrowing? My hair is shoulder length to collar bone length when stretched. I am a 4 b/c/lmnopq/z natural.

This is my hair type and approx length and I cornrow it. My hair is naturally very bulky and is the only way it will lay flat - anything else and I can't get my head in the wig or I have lumps that show. I had locks for many years and couldn't cornrow worth a lick - I learned through practice, watched videos, bought a cosmetologist's mannequin so I didn't have to torment anyone's head - I was determined to learn (always felt bad about being a black woman who couldn't anyway :) ) and I'm proud to say I've come a long way. All the same if I knew someone to pay to cornrow my hair for me - I'd pay them - it's hard working on your own head - and time consuming. So it'd be worth it to me if I could outsource this task even if it's just to go under my wigs.
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 6:58pm
I usually wear my hair in plaits under wigs, but I also have fine hair. Not sure if that matters.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by MsMahoganyRed MsMahoganyRed wrote:

Thanks babydoll!

KG - I do various things...I cornrow, flat-twist, pull it all back and braid the bottom and or wrap if it's after a fresh wash.  Mostly I do flat-twists or cornrows.  I just recently cut about 3 inches off my hair (don't ask why cause I can't answer LOL) but I am about a teensy weensy smidge above APL...

Thank you and everyone else for your suggestions! I am will going to try pulling the front all back after a wash and braiding the bottom or a variation of that and I will try braiding individual plaits.
miamiu27 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 8:36pm
The twist are a good idea KG...just the right size and it can work. You will figure it out though just be patient.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic