Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Canadian girls? Where do you buy your products?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedCanadian girls? Where do you buy your products?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
NinaS View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canadian girls? Where do you buy your products?
    Posted: Jan 13 2008 at 9:02pm
I found this great web site, honeyfig.com, that sells Cathy Howse's products ''Ultra Black Hair'', Phytospecific, Jane Carter, Hamadi, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Blended Beauty and a few others. They focus on natural based-products. Since they do have a distribution center in Toronto, I don't have to pay huge shipping fees or customs, which is great!

However, there are products I can't get my hands on (Apĥogee, Keracare, Nexxus, to name a few). When I tried to order through US Web sites (Amazon.com or Sephora), I nearly keeled over at the checkout when I saw the shipping fees and also knowing that customs would have to be paid too. I see so many rave reviews on Aphogee on this forum but I can't get my hands on some Confused  Any canadian suggestions?
Sponsored Links

meme101 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 12:18am
I get my hair products at Sally's, West Indian markets (Danfort market has great prices), Some Indian food markets have black hair care products, in black hair care stores which are usually in malls or plaza's as well as local stores like Zellers, Walmart those do have products but they dont have much black hair care products but they do have some.
NinaS View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 9:31pm
I'm interested in finding the salon brands that are so often mentioned in this forum (Aphogee, Keracare, Nexxus, Elucence, Mizani). I can't find those anywhere! In the west indian markets, I'll find the usual black hair brands that contain mineral oil and petroleum and I'm trying to get away from that. For starters, do you use Aphogee and if so, where do you get it? I'm in Quebec
meme101 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 9:34pm
danfort market has a wide variety  and they have karacare its in the rexdale area
NinaS View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 9:39pm

1) The thing is I no longer live in Toronto, I'm in Montreal. Any suggestions from people in Quebec or is it possible to find these on the net without paying crazy US shipping costs?

2)Any alternative for a good protein treatment? If I could replace the Aphogee with something easier to find (maybe some product meant for white people's hair???) For instance, I can find ORS mayo in the west indian shops but I'm looking for a hardcore protein treatment. Motions CPR has mineral oil as its second ingredient and so do most black hair care products...

Also, anything that could replace Keracare Humecto or Nexxus Humectress that I can easily find and that would work on black hair?
Would a product from say, Biolage, be just as effective?

Edited by NinaS - Jan 17 2008 at 9:47pm
angie 008 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 11:17pm
Im in toronto, but for protein I use henna and for a deep moisturizing conditioner I use Elasta QP. I've heard that they have a good product line and aren't too hard to find in bss.. Mizani is available in most local bss's up here, but Ive found that if u really like the prodct you can try to contact the closet distributor directly to find it. hth..
NinaS View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2008 at 12:59pm
Just want to say that I LOVE THIS FORUM! I received a PM from a member who saw this thread and was able to locate Aphogee products in my area. Never would have known about these products or how to get them without BHM. If anyone in my area is having problems locating it, do PM me and I'll pass on the info I received. THANK YOU FOR EXISTING, BHM, AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Sisters from all over really get to help each other out with this forum!Smile
Please keep this thread alive for others.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic