FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can you wash Synthetic hair?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Gia2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you wash Synthetic hair?
    Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 1:56pm
I have crochet braids with loose "MOdel Model Italian wavy" hair. I think its synthetic, and I would like to know if I can wash my hair. It is itching and when I scratch my scalp, dirt gets under my nails. If I can, how do I wash it? What kind of shampoo should be used?

TIA
Sponsored Links

Gia2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 12:05am
Ok, someone, anyone tell me something! Forget it, its been 2.5 weeks and I'm just going to wash it in the morning. If it messes up, then I'll just have to take it out. Its driving me nuts!!
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

I have crochet braids with loose "MOdel Model Italian wavy" hair. I think its synthetic, and I would like to know if I can wash my hair. It is itching and when I scratch my scalp, dirt gets under my nails. If I can, how do I wash it? What kind of shampoo should be used?

TIA

I can't really say how synthetic hair will act once you get it in contact with water but what helps me with itching while in braids is witch hazel. I usually get a cotton pad, saturate it with witch hazel and rub it in the parts.

If you still need to take the shampoo route, I'd go with a sulfate free shampoo. Just make sure get the shampoo on the scalp and don't do a rubbing motion so you could avoid tangling. HTH

Here's the video that gave me the witch hazel idea when I was preparing for braids:

Gia2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 9:11am
Thank you Kocoa! Glad you posted before I washed my hair. I will try the witch hazel today.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 12:19pm
Yes you can wash synthetic hair...I usually group my braids into 4 sections and wash the scalp...I also use Dettol if my scalps start to itch too early in the braid stage..I normally don't like to wash until I have had them in for at least a month. 
DarkBrown View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 4:46pm
yeah
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 7:00pm
I stay washing mine LOL. I've had them for roughly 2 months and I've washed/conditioned like 6 times. They're fine. You do have to be gentle though.
katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 7:51pm
I don't cro. but I wear braids and twists. I like to run water over them once or twice a week to keep hydrated. On wash days I use a non-viscous (liquid-y) shampoo and conditioner, diluting it in a cup, with a few drops of my fave oil. I run it over my braids and scalp, massing the scalp to loosen up dirt. Then I rinse under water. Repeat with non-viscous conditioner. Then I use my own braid spray on it to lock in moisture. I think it's important to wash in braids at least once a week to keep moisturized and clean. It doesn't mess up my style, although I rather the style look "fuzzy" bc it looks better that way to me. HTH
china_lace_wig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote china_lace_wig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 7:57pm
if it can stand high temperture ,it can be wash ,but need you slightly,as the shampoo ,i have no ideas
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 8:07pm
When I wore briads, I just shampoo my hair with a diluted clarifying shampoo in a applicator bottle and applied it to my scalp.  I would gently massage the soap on my scalp and let the force of the shower head rinse the residue.  Then I would spray leave-in conditioner for braids.  During the week I would use Sea Breeze or Witch Hazel to keep the scalp clean.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply