Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Styling Products
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can You Use Shea Moisture Products with styling to
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedCan You Use Shea Moisture Products with styling to

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
biancalacey19 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can You Use Shea Moisture Products with styling to
    Posted: Jun 04 2012 at 5:50pm
I am a black female and I currently have been using Aphogee products for a whole year since I stopped using grease. I love Aphogee and it has grew and changed the health of my hair however, I have discovered they have ingredients that are not natural. I have been seeing great talk about Shea Moisture products but it's mainly used without any heat. I am natural but I use high heat when I curl my hair or straighten it and I wanted to know if there is any product in Shea Moisture I could use with heat without it frying my hair.
Also, if anyone could let me know if Aphogee is a safe or natural hair care line and I'm just over reacting and should stick with it.
Also, I was thinking of switching to the Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner and Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo, so would that be enough to help protect against styling tools.
Moreover, I am currently using aphogee shampoo for damage hair, pro-vitamin leave-in conditioner, 2 minute keratin re-constructor, hair polish, and sometimes when I straighten I use the keratin reconstructorizer.
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2012 at 11:57am
Originally posted by biancalacey19 biancalacey19 wrote:

I am a black female and I currently have been using Aphogee products for a whole year since I stopped using grease. I love Aphogee and it has grew and changed the health of my hair however, I have discovered they have ingredients that are not natural. I have been seeing great talk about Shea Moisture products but it's mainly used without any heat. I am natural but I use high heat when I curl my hair or straighten it and I wanted to know if there is any product in Shea Moisture I could use with heat without it frying my hair.
Also, if anyone could let me know if Aphogee is a safe or natural hair care line and I'm just over reacting and should stick with it.
Also, I was thinking of switching to the Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner and Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo, so would that be enough to help protect against styling tools.
Moreover, I am currently using aphogee shampoo for damage hair, pro-vitamin leave-in conditioner, 2 minute keratin re-constructor, hair polish, and sometimes when I straighten I use the keratin reconstructorizer.

Apparently Shea Moisture has a line out made with Black Seed Oil and Arabian Honey that was designed for heat tools. 

As for Aphogee, I would stick with it because it helps strengthen hair from chemicals and heat tools.  I am all about not fixing what isn't broken.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic