BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

can you pull of High-end?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

The other issue is I really need to learn how to separate myself from these sales transactions, I am offering a product but I am also selling myself... and What I find is YT people don't trust me? LOL not that I trust them but I want to sell as much as I can so HOW do I get over this with out loosing my cool. I feel like my competence is always being challenged...
I must make it clear that I am transitioning from a Health Care environment to Luxury sales...
As a therapist an amount of built in credibility because of the hospital I worked in - but it was there too always.... with some of the my colleagues

See, you aren't selling yourself. When sales reps sell themselves, that is unnerving. Learn the product inside and out and the products will sell themselves. You are new. I dont trust new people. I refuse to be helped by new sales reps. In time, you will know the products really well and the trust from the customers will come naturally.

You are a resource for their questions about product options and the details of the item. That's it. Less is more. When a person is comfortable and not getting grilled or talked to death, they will purchase more and will come back to you as a client. If you are too chatty, they will avoid returning. Be pleasant and attentive and you'll be straight with this in time.
Sponsored Links

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:29pm
Everyone said most of the things relating to apparel, but high-end is an "air" too.

Stand up straight. Your shoulders should be relaxed but not slouched, held back slightly. Chin should be slightly higher than you think it needs to. Practice in a mirror if you're not sure.

Make eye contact, and speak calmly. Don't fiddle or look down unnecessarily, even when you aren't helping someone.

Find a nice nude nail polish.

Matter or fact.....just go watch Scandal's first season and copy Olivia Pope (in regular meetings, not in the Oval office).
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 12:39am
If you already know what works for your body type and shape, get a personal shopper. Saves a boat load of time. Tell them what you're looking for and let the games begin.

And...because sales people aren't always truthful, take a friend, a real friend, with you. Someone who'll read you up, down, left, right and sideways if a look doesn't hit the mark.

Once you find what you like, have it all tailored.

Congratulations and good luck on your new adventure!
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 10:26am
Congrats on the new job! 

Know your body - dont measure bust-mid drift-butt.. that is only for side projection...front facing: its shoulders - smallest part of your waist - hips. How your body looks facing forward.

Find a cheap tailor...it makes a world of difference.

Follow the line of your body. Skirts and dresses give a more pulled together look better when it hits below the knee. Don't interrupt the visual line of your body .

If the shoe must be flat - make it pointed toe.

I am not a fan of pants but if you must wear them... get them tailored so they are straight leg/cigarette type since summer is coming up. 

6. Try this ebay store. I buy a lot of clothes here because the dresses are the classic vintage cut that trappers at the waist and stops at the knee. I rarely have to get anything tailored from this store. http://stores.ebay.com/valuefashionshop/

7. For the love of all that is holy and graceful....stay away from platform shoes. Unless your 4'11 and 90lbs...platform shoes make women's feet look like cow hooves. A pointed-toe shoe with no platform will never be out of style. 

Look great everyday. I personally don't like to work with sales people who look a mess. People like to be around beautiful people...its part of the experience. 
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 10:33am
I'm not sure your budget but New York ad Company has lots of nice ready-made business casual outfits. They have lots of sales and coupons as well. 
MissDarkEyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissDarkEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 10:36am
Can't go wrong with wrap dresses!  Universally (almost) flattering, classic and they look good with both heels and flats.  DVF if you want to splurge but you can get some nice ones from The Gap & Banana Republic.
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Keep it simple and classic.

This exactly. IMO less is more because it allows your natural beauty to shine. Avoid wearing too much jewelry also. Wear a nice pair of diamond studs, a ring, and a bracelet  or possibly a necklace is fine.

AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 12:16pm
Get your clothes tailored! I wish Loehmann's was still open because the Chelsea's Back room was EVERYTHING you would need in life Cry

Are you still in NY? Holla at Century 21 real quick
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JulieGianni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 3:08pm
I just wanted to add when you buy clothes please stay with natural fibers.  To the untrained eye, all materials look the same.  When it comes to high end luxury shoppers they know the difference between a poly-blend and silk jersey in a blink.

So check for items in cotton (under 10% stretch is ok), wool, silk, cashmere. Some designers use viscose, but if you do that it should probably be from the place where you work.

Please take care of your clothing, make sure it is not stained, strained or in need of repair.  Find a nice perfume (preferably from your employer) to wear subtly. You need to appear, sound and smell high end.

Edited by JulieGianni - May 07 2014 at 3:09pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

I just wanted to add when you buy clothes please stay with natural fibers.  To the untrained eye, all materials look the same.  When it comes to high end luxury shoppers they know the difference between a poly-blend and silk jersey in a blink.

So check for items in cotton (under 10% stretch is ok), wool, silk, cashmere. Some designers use viscose, but if you do that it should probably be from the place where you work.

Please take care of your clothing, make sure it is not stained, strained or in need of repair.  Find a nice perfume (preferably from your employer) to wear subtly. You need to appear, sound and smell high end.

Hi Julie!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style