Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

can you pull of High-end?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Everything Pitty said. Don't be afraid to get wardrobe sets (pant, jacket, skirt, sheath/ black, navy, darker greys) and have them tailored or by them well fitted pieces at a time. The sharper and simpler/cleaner/more classic the line, the better.

Also, I like a simple string of pearls (choker 16"/ princess 18". But bhm tells me I'm old fashioned and no.

i was gonna suggest pearls but didn't want to seem too traditionalLOL and that's also why i didn't suggest sets

a nice pair of studs--you can work "diamond."

and when you want to be flashy--a lovely scarf to bring some color 
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:21pm
Heels are ok but I will always have my flat shoes in the car when I need to get around...
any suggestions on suit brands are great! My idea is to create clean, expensive look for myself, maybe you guys can suggest some "suit" brands that have worked for you, I must say I am more of the alluring,/creative style aesthetic- my customer will be more classic,traditional- SO I need to find a balance sort of like a fancy uniform
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:33pm
*You are expected to absorb the corporate culture, so emulate the style of the team that you work with.

*Belt everything when possible.

*Learn to tie scarves smartly.

*You're from NYC, so you know to wear black when in doubt.

*Everything must be altered/tailored to fit. Learn the correct break for your pants.

Good luck with the new job!
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i was gonna suggest pearls but didn't want to seem too traditionalLOL and that's also why i didn't suggest sets

a nice pair of studs--you can work "diamond."

and when you want to be flashy--a lovely scarf to bring some color 
Girl, you know I'm a young old maid. And I was TOTALLY going to mention a nice scarf or brooch for color.

Go away, Pitty.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:38pm
Hey NJ- how is NY? I really miss it, but not enough to come back and live yet. I was just fishing for some fresh ideas, the style here is really laid back' in fact I've seen people on JOB interviews with T-shirts and shorts can you believe that it Shocking.. lol
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Heels are ok but I will always have my flat shoes in the car when I need to get around...
any suggestions on suit brands are great! My idea is to create clean, expensive look for myself, maybe you guys can suggest some "suit" brands that have worked for you, I must say I am more of the alluring,/creative style aesthetic- my customer will be more classic,traditional- SO I need to find a balance sort of like a fancy uniform

You can be edgy with the pieces you choose.  Like you could wear a peplum top instead of a button up, interesting necklines and shoulder detail.  Think texture --so tweeds, leathers, knit, silks, seersucker, subtle patterns like herringbone, checkered,  stripes, maybe even a velvet [small doses] all w/in the same color palette to create a cohesive look. 

Edited by EPITOME - May 06 2014 at 9:49pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:53pm

Hey NJ- how is NY? I really miss it, but not enough to come back and live yet. I was just fishing for some fresh ideas, the style here is really laid back' in fact I've seen people on JOB interviews with T-shirts and shorts can you believe that it Shocking.. lol

I keep hearing about that here tooShockedShockedShocked My friend said that someone showed up at the NY marketing firm professional level interview with leggings with their butt out and a regular shirt. The person did not get the job.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 9:03pm

Kasper
Le suits
Calvin klein
Marc Jacobs
Dior
Steve Madden black pumps .

Edited by india100 - May 06 2014 at 9:05pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 9:06pm
The other issue is I really need to learn how to separate myself from these sales transactions, I am offering a product but I am also selling myself... and What I find is YT people don't trust me? LOL not that I trust them but I want to sell as much as I can so HOW do I get over this with out loosing my cool. I feel like my competence is always being challenged...
I must make it clear that I am transitioning from a Health Care environment to Luxury sales...
As a therapist an amount of built in credibility because of the hospital I worked in - but it was there too always.... with some of the my colleagues
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I keep hearing about that here tooShockedShockedShocked My friend said that someone showed up at the NY marketing firm professional level interview with leggings with their butt out and a regular shirt. The person did not get the job.
lol that is amazing... to me I know we are in new age butt really? When are you moving? and where to?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic