BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Can you mix two different developers?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Mizz_Sunshine_69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mizz_Sunshine_69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you mix two different developers?
    Posted: Mar 08 2011 at 6:14am
Hi all,

I am wanting to create a golden brown colour ombré effect on some 1b curly hair with maybe a slightly lighter brown/almost blonde at the tips.

I have bought ion performance ash blonde as I anticipate the result to be a few shades darker. I chose ash to tone down some of the red tones that tend to come out in dark hair.

I also bought 30% developer. After doing more reading around I have seen a few people say that 30 isn't strong enough to lift it the colour. I was wary of buying 40% as I don't want to damage the hair.

I was wondering is it possible to buy a 40% developer of another brand and safely mix it with the 30%? Would this create a stronger but less harsh developer? If not, do you think it is safe to use 40% alone? It's virgin hair steamed for a curl pattern.

If anyone has any info on this or has done this before, please let me know. 
Sponsored Links

Sanchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2011 at 2:18pm
For me
i only have 30 creme devolper
i have jet black hair
i just used the 30 creme devolper one time
it turn into a orange-red tone
then the next day i used the 30 creme devolper
it turn into a orange-yellow stage

instead of buying a 40

and then if i diluate it to make it 10
it isn't hard

SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SistaHollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 4:46pm
Yes No and Maybe. 40 is strong but you dont leave it on as long .If the hair has prior color on it then stick with 30 alone if its virgin hair the 40 is ok
Mizz_Sunshine_69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mizz_Sunshine_69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 4:53pm
Thanks so much for responding. I took my chances with the 30% as I'm so petrified of damaging the hair and it came out great. It's definitely virgin hair and it's extension hair that I'm installing next week.

Thanks again. Smile
Annie225 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2011 at 6:37pm
You did a good Mizz Sunshine.  Clap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic