Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Can you henna too much?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Lstrong1518 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lstrong1518 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you henna too much?
    Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 3:45pm
Hi guys!

I've been researching a lot about henna. I have a shipment of it coming and in really excited. I've read in many henna stories that some ppl henna once a week or so, so that they can get the effects of the henna. I was wondering if doing so many henna treatments can have any harmful effects on the hair?

Share your first henna stories, how often you henna'd and the difference you saw in your hair.

Thanks in advanced!
Sponsored Links

NaturelNicoro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturelNicoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 4:21pm
Not sure. I don't use henna myself.Confused
I read this on tightlycurly though. I like how she has an Ingredients Dictionary. Smile
"Can build up over time and cause hair to become brittle or sticky [Begoun (Hair) pg 399]. Though it's known to be safe, and colorless versions are sold as being conditioning, to increase body, and emphasize highlights, it can cause brittleness in the hair with repeated use. This is because it coats the hair with a thin film of protein-like material. "

But I think the people who use it can truly say whether or not, y'know.LOL
Plus, she does not use Henna.
I thought about henna'ing, but I think I'll have to see what others say about it.
I'll definitely be doing more research (Because it's not good to rely on one source).
I'm subbed to a youtuber who uses henna, and she has has nice results.
And it does not look like she's had adverse effects.

kaitlinpowell412 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaitlinpowell412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2012 at 11:29pm
Heena is good natural conditioner for hair...It not only maintains h\your hairs but also you can use for coloring purpose also...It is good natural agent to make your hairs healthy....
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2012 at 5:43pm
Henna is really good (provided it's totally natural), but with all things there is such thing as too much. I wouldn't recommend using it weekly because henna usually leaves the hair very dry and sometimes gooey when applied with conventional methods. For  my hair I would use it once a month at the very most. Since my hair is usually braided though, I only use it the week after my relaxer to repair damage and reduce porosity. Also you would have to be very dedicated and have a lot of time on your hands to use it very often. That stuff's MESSY!!!
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2012 at 5:46pm
You should assess the health of your hair too. If your hair's in good condition, using so much henna would probably do more harm than good.
cosplybag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosplybag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2012 at 11:05pm

How to ph balance your hair products?that is a good question,and i have a similar question hope you guys could help me.i am http://www.samehermes.com - Hermes replica designer and i like to design but i dont care about my bags, i mean i am a normal women. help me plz!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic