Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can someone explain having a white s/o....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 2.71  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 11:44pm
SMH, I stand corrected.  Whites are funny but I'm not mad because if BO was really messing up, I would bring up how he has a White momma in a heartbeat. It's a bit hypocritical but IDGAF.

Edited by AshBash89 - Jun 02 2013 at 11:45pm
Sponsored Links

nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 11:44pm
ASH bash you aren't around enough white ppl then.. lol

I was in school when he first started campaigning.. and those CAC's  were claiming him hard.

and some were even upset that he didn't speak more about his "whiteness"

If Jesse jackson.. and BO had the same identical political agenda.. and ran against each other-- the only thing that was different between the two.. was literally their lineage..

there is no doubt in my mind.. that more yt ppl would vote for BO b/c he is 1/2 white.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 11:49pm
a co-worker told me it was beautiful that he was bi-racial because that meant he was both of our president.

i got the impression from white co-workers and classmates that Obama's election was more a triumph for white American than black america...like, see we elected him, we allowed this to happen.
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

a co-worker told me it was beautiful that he was bi-racial because that meant he was both of our president.

i got the impression from white co-workers and classmates that Obama's election was more a triumph for white American than black america...like, see we elected him, we allowed this to happen.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:01am
That's exactly how they view it

They can officially relinquish their "possibly racist" card Stern Smile

I think that's how Black people should view it too. Obama's presidency is often protrayed as a large step forward for African Americans when the media really should protray it for what it really is... a small progressive step for a group of people who have a terrible human rights record (White Americans)

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

how does BHM use the term 'regula' black? when i was in college it was used by the AA students to differentiate themselves from the Caribbean and African students. they'd be asked what they were and their reply was "im just regula black." this was not a skin tone test

im AA and i grew up w/ a lot of Nigerians/Caribbeans in the neighborhood and they def. wanted a distinction between us. didn't really bother me. i honestly never really thought about the term.

is it offensive to some ppl?
Everyone wants to be special.

Next time a Black person asks me about my Blackness, I'll tell them I'm 'special Black.'Approve

lucky Ouch

LOL

Ladybird, you can join the club. Next time someone asks you about your Blackness, let 'em know you are special Black.LOL
jimmy_rustle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jimmy_rustle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:39am
Anyone in an IR that is against his/her child participating in an IR has issues.  Remember your kid will be as much white/asian or whatever as he/she is black.  

If you are in a stable IR, your husband will have more of an impact on the development and choices your children's make till their teenage years when environment and friends start exerting more influence.  Assuming most of the posters on here are black women, your child is pretty much guaranteed to gravitate towards white people more so than blacks, and identify more with his/her white side.  

How many women require their mate have characteristics similar to their father?   how many men grow up trying to be like their father?  that is your answer

Edited by jimmy_rustle - Jun 03 2013 at 12:41am
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:51am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

the hypocrisy was owned... never denied...

Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 1:44am
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

obama will always be biracial. his white experiences brought him to where he is and so did his black ones. 
This!

Can the man not just be biracial...? They have their own identity! 
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 3:19am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

the hypocrisy was owned... never denied...

welp Jamcaygirl + 1 me in that hypocrisy alsoCry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
  Share Topic