Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Can showing favoritism damage your other kids?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2012 at 8:49pm
Yes, depending on how bad it is.
Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2012 at 11:16pm
didn't read but I know good and well I was the favorite child Approve
cheekychica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekychica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Livvydivvy96 Livvydivvy96 wrote:

Yes i think so. This is the root problem to all my issues with my parents. Out of three kids, im the youngest and only girl. My brothers were always treated better, particularly the middle child. It made me build up a lot of resentment towards them. I never listened to them either. Why be good when you're treated like sh!t?

I'm the youngest and only girl, too. However, I was the favorite. My parents judge us based on who's doing the best accomplishments-wise. It created competition but we all love each other.
WynnieJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WynnieJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2012 at 4:38pm
I definitely think favoritism can affect children.  I noticed differences in the way my sibling was treated.  It causes lots of resentment
tropicalstorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropicalstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 9:58pm
it certainly affects children, but there are not definite results. I know of 'favorites' who turned out to be spoiled and failed at everything in life because they were shelted with an unrealistic pov and I know of not so favorites who turned out great b/c they wanted to prove to their parents they were worth it. 

it's a catch 22
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:43am
Yes it can.

Edited by Faithfully2002 - Nov 03 2012 at 4:44am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic