Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Can showing favoritism damage your other kids?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2012 at 10:01am
Originally posted by CherryCola CherryCola wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

cherry cola, do the brother & sister have the same father??

Remember Boys N the Hood & Jason's Lyric???

Oh, you're right about that.

No.  They don't have the same father.  They have different fathers.  The brother and sister are half siblings.  They have the same mother but different fathers.
I knew it.  mom prolly resents the son's dad & likes the daughter's dad.  idk what to tell you, get him involved in Big Brother Big Sisters or some other type of mentoring program that will be a positive influence
Sponsored Links

CherryCola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2012 at 6:19pm

cherry cola, do the brother & sister have the same father??

Remember Boys N the Hood & Jason's Lyric???

Oh, you're right about that.

No.  They don't have the same father.  They have different fathers.  The brother and sister are half siblings.  They have the same mother but different fathers.
I knew it.  mom prolly resents the son's dad & likes the daughter's dad.  idk what to tell you, get him involved in Big Brother Big Sisters or some other type of mentoring program that will be a positive influence

That's a good idea.  Thanks, Bunnyahh.
Livvydivvy96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Livvydivvy96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2012 at 6:13am
Yes i think so. This is the root problem to all my issues with my parents. Out of three kids, im the youngest and only girl. My brothers were always treated better, particularly the middle child. It made me build up a lot of resentment towards them. I never listened to them either. Why be good when you're treated like sh!t?
TiffanyinTX View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiffanyinTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2012 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by TiffanyinTX TiffanyinTX wrote:

Yes definitely, I got treated a lot better by my mother in an attempt to gain her favor (also, I was the youngest and only girl). Not only did this not make me like her any more, but it only made me resent her further when I got older and realized that her unfair treatment had a role in spoiling and ruining my character. I know she didn't favor me to make me conceited about myself, but with power comes responsibility. It's a strong person to not abuse the privilege of special treatment.

When I got older I had a lot of people blaming stuff on me because I was always the "favorite" but the way I look at is: my mom may have given me special treatment but at the end of the day she still wasn't doing me any favors, because all she gave me was inflated self-worth when what I really needed was humility and discipline.  Deep in my heart I believe everyone should be treated equally, but hey I didn't tell my parents to be weak-willed or just give in to my demands like that.

My brothers both bear the psychological scars of the mistreatment and abuse. And then you have a spoiled, rotten kid who you claim you had no role in raising because they "always got they're way". Yeah your  kid may be a  brat, but you're kind of weak-willed too. 

But my point is that the spoiled sister turned out to be great.  The brother who was not spoiled is the one who turned out to be a bully and a criminal because he was neglected.  I would rather have a spoiled child than a neglected child who turns into a bully and a criminal.

Well my experience totally turned out the opposite way in the sense that it  backfired but from a certain perspective I can see your cousins point. Let's say you have two kids:

Kid A: Grows up in a privileged, comfortable environment with two stable loving parents who take a humanistic approach-they see their child as special and planned for their birth. From the beauty pageants to the softball tryouts Kid A's parents are always in their corner and have looked forward to their birth with enthusiasm for the traditions they would get to teach their child. Should Kid A decide to go to college, they might even have an allowance set up for them, all to make sure their precious child makes a successful transition into the adult world with ease

Kid B: Maybe Kid B's parents did not expect to have them or did not have the savings to provide their child with such comfort. Maybe they take their stress out on Kid B, in the form of neglect, or even abuse. Maybe Kid B's parents are just average.

In the absence of monetary and parental differences, which child do you think has the best chance of becoming an emotionally healthy functional adult?

Kid A. From the moment of conception on, they've been getting the message that their existence was a welcome and wanted existence on earth. Of course that kid is more functioning.
CheKnBishz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CheKnBishz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 7:15pm
hellz yea showin favoritism will do some harm, dats whats wrong with moi lol.  
BarackStar2.0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BarackStar2.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2012 at 7:08pm
obviously.  are you stupid?
LifeIsGood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LifeIsGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 6:48pm
It definitely has an impact. Every parent has a favorite, they just shouldn't be so obvious with it.
...classified. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ...classified. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 1:54pm
I totally agree ^^^
CherryCola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2012 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by BarackStar2.0 BarackStar2.0 wrote:

obviously.  are you stupid?

Obviously, I think so as well.  I stated an example of the damage (about my two cousins), but I wanted to get other people's point of view or opinion about the topic on the discussion forum.

Edited by CherryCola - Aug 20 2012 at 3:34pm
313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 313chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2012 at 9:38am

usually when ppl have kids by multiple baby mommas or daddies, favortism happens.

yes it affects the kids.  oh well blame the parents & pro-lifers
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>