Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedcan relaxer cause green tint??

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
hailthekween View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: can relaxer cause green tint??
    Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 8:31pm
My hair is green and i cant get rid of it..

I think it may have something to do with the relaxer. Maybe my color/relax timing was off??  cause i dont even know if, when, or how the timing should be (yes, im a mess)  I have about 6 inches of green starting about 2 inches from my roots, then the rest of the hair is fine.  Any ideas on how to get rid of this green??? or how i caused it in the first place??  I really need to relax again, its been 4 months Wacko but im terrified to relax or color till i find out what is causing the green. 

((lil bit of background))  Naturally a light brown, dyed jet black and touched up with black color rinses for years, started noticing a green tint.. used color fix to remove black and green tint remained.  Thought it was lack of reds so i dyed it a red-brown, hair was TOO red (im light skin and already red enough) so used a dark brown color rinse to tone it down.. seemed problem fixed till i washed my hair and went into sunlight.. then the "your hair is green! lol" comments began Cry
Sponsored Links

justaskkay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 9:29am
yes a relaxer can if the color your using on your hair has different base colors ...your rinse didn't take because it just coats the hair shaft....you use the right color to try and fix Smileit but not the right application ..use a demi permanent  in dark brown so it can raise the cuticle and penetrate inside and eliminate  the green tinge

in the future stick with one brand of color every manufacture uses a different base color Star
justaskkay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 9:37am
i forgot this as well ...you have to factor in your own natural hair color that plays a part in the end result of your hair color as well....let me make clear the relaxer is probably not the cause yet it played a part in turning you hair green....remember a relaxer changes structure the hair .... and rearranges bonds in the hair and color attaches themselves to bonds...which caused your hair to turn green i hope this helps 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic