Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can  MTG cause cancer?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

Forum LockedCan MTG cause cancer?

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
natalienicole View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 04 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 990
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can MTG cause cancer?
    Posted: Feb 12 2006 at 2:52pm

My girlfriend said she did an internet search on MTG original and found it is a horse hormone for horses.  She then warned me that u have to be careful with hormones because they can cause cancer.

Is there any truth to this?

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Lovely_Diamond View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 31 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 723
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2006 at 4:13pm
Does your friend have any links? I did a serach and nothing came up relating to that.
Back to Top
NychaelaSymone View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Feb 02 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 61
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2006 at 6:20pm

MTG is Sulfur, Zinc Sulfide, and Cade Oil all in a petroleum distalite.  All safe and natural products.  Pregnant women should be careful about the amount of zinc they consume but as for it being a cancer causer....my research says no.

Back to Top
Dolleyez View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 30 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 18
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2006 at 6:50pm

Well I finally got my MTG here Florida and couldnt wait to get started using it!  So, I did a "patch" test for 72 hours and after I didnt see any negative reactions I went ahead and put it in my hair after i washed it ( i left the water run clear before i lput in MTG[this was done on this past tuesday]) on friday i started  to feel nauseous and my neck was a bit stiff, I just figured it was because I was working to hard and sitting "improperly" at my desk at work.  That same friday evening when i go off work it seems like my symptons got a little worse but i need to go to walmart to pick up a software for my computer, and while i was there i noticed they had a blood pressure machine next to the Pharmacy, so i went and got my blood pressure check ( no ladies, I dont smoke-never have in my entire life, dont drank caffeine soda/drinks or coffee, i dont take any drugs-recreation or medicinal) so i was shocked when my blood pressure was 145/91 and my pulse was 87! I know it had to be the MTG because by this sunday (today[ I rinsed it out of my hair]) i feel a whole lot better, so as of today, even though i still have a full bottle of MTG left, I wil not longer use!  I'm puoring it down the drown although it cost me $16.95 that's nothing compared to my health.  I know not everyone notices any side effects by I'm very "attuned" to my body, and when it hurts i listen!!! 

PS. yes i have posted this same story, I'm not try ing to start an "urban legend" or anything I'm just trying to let people know what I experienced.

Back to Top
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 28 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4461
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2006 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Dolleyez Dolleyez wrote:

Well I finally got my MTG here Florida and couldnt wait to get started using it!  So, I did a "patch" test for 72 hours and after I didnt see any negative reactions I went ahead and put it in my hair after i washed it ( i left the water run clear before i lput in MTG[this was done on this past tuesday]) on friday i started  to feel nauseous and my neck was a bit stiff, I just figured it was because I was working to hard and sitting "improperly" at my desk at work.  That same friday evening when i go off work it seems like my symptons got a little worse but i need to go to walmart to pick up a software for my computer, and while i was there i noticed they had a blood pressure machine next to the Pharmacy, so i went and got my blood pressure check ( no ladies, I dont smoke-never have in my entire life, dont drank caffeine soda/drinks or coffee, i dont take any drugs-recreation or medicinal) so i was shocked when my blood pressure was 145/91 and my pulse was 87! I know it had to be the MTG because by this sunday (today[ I rinsed it out of my hair]) i feel a whole lot better, so as of today, even though i still have a full bottle of MTG left, I wil not longer use!  I'm puoring it down the drown although it cost me $16.95 that's nothing compared to my health.  I know not everyone notices any side effects by I'm very "attuned" to my body, and when it hurts i listen!!! 

PS. yes i have posted this same story, I'm not try ing to start an "urban legend" or anything I'm just trying to let people know what I experienced.

 

You might have an allergic reaction to the sulfur or cade oil in the MTG.

Back to Top
natalienicole View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 04 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 990
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2006 at 9:49pm

Thanks Lovely_Diamond and NychaelaSymone

When I speak to her again I will ask her where she got this info from.  I would think that after so many people were using this product we would know all the ins and outs by now.

Champagne there are many people who are allergic to sulfur but find out for sure before u run that product down the drain.

With lots of things...allergic reaction even anxiety can cause that "flight or fight" sympathetic response that can increase your blood pressure and your pulse. 

What is your normal blood pressure and pulse?  Definitely not the same for everybody,  87 is generally a normal pulse (60-100).  A diastolic of 90 and above three consecutive times is usually considered hypertension.  You're giving us a borderline mark. 

I wouldn't worry too much about this, but if your concerned, check with your doctor.  

Back to Top
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 05 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 32280
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2006 at 11:21pm

I'll tell you what I know... since it has been brought up. MTG has Paraffin Oil in it. Paraffin oil is a type of Mineral Oil. I know that some types of Mineral Oils can cause different types of cancer. I'm not sure if the type contained in MTG is one of the types to give cancer or not to tell the truth. There are various types of Mineral Oil each with it's own complex mixture. On the safety scale, it ranges from the safe types in baby oil to industrial forms that are not so safe and do cause cancer. (why I didn't care to say anything about it before... I don't know which form it) On the bright side, Sulfur which is MTG's main active ingredient, is used in alternative methods of fighting cancer.

Mineral Oil (Parrafin oil can definitely cause serious allergic reactions, including labored breathing and more scary type stuff. So if you used MTG, Dollyez, you may be allergic to either the Paraffin Oil, the Sulfur or any of the other various oils. That is why we always say on here to do a patch test first when trying any new product. Better safe than sorry, ya know.  Best not to use it again, if ever until you see what's going on.



Edited by Phoenix1017
Back to Top
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 05 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 32280
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2006 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by natalienicole natalienicole wrote:

My girlfriend said she did an internet search on MTG original and found it is a horse hormone for horses.  She then warned me that u have to be careful with hormones because they can cause cancer.

Is there any truth to this?

As far as I know, MTG does not have hormones in it, Nataliencole. I searched under various engines with queries ranging from Ailing horses... Shapley's MTG, to MTG ingredient listing, horse hormones in horse treatment, etc. and they all came up with zilch in terms of hormones in MTG. I also looked at horse forums. Nothing at the ones I searched.



Edited by Phoenix1017
Back to Top
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 05 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 32280
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2006 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by NychaelaSymone NychaelaSymone wrote:

MTG is Sulfur, Zinc Sulfide, and Cade Oil all in a petroleum distalite.  All safe and natural products.  Pregnant women should be careful about the amount of zinc they consume but as for it being a cancer causer....my research says no.

(Sorry, third post in a row) Now that I think about it. Petrolium Distillates have some stuff in them that cause cancer. Don't know too much about it though. It probably comes in differnt forms as well ranging from safe to dangerous. I never really read too much about it, but I heard you shouldn't mix products with petrolium distillates in them because of the danger involved.

When it comes to the other stuff in MTG that I do know about, it comes out to be safe for usage. (Meaning I haven't learned anything dangerous about the stuff yet.) Being honest though, the one I don't know anything about is Zinc Sulfide. And yeah, I know I could research it like I always do for us on here, but... I don't feel like it. lol!!! Maybe someone else will do it for us, if they care to, or maybe I will feel like it tomorrow . I need an energy boost!



Edited by Phoenix1017
Back to Top
NychaelaSymone View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Feb 02 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 61
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2006 at 7:47am

Petroleum distillates are found in a wide variety of consumer-products including lip gloss, liquid gas, fertilizer, furniture polish, pesticides, plastics, paint thinners, solvents, motor oil, fuels and hundreds of other products. Petroleum distillates listed commonly on labels of general household products are those that distill off around naphthas. Petroleum jelly, a petroleum distillate product, is generally regarded as nontoxic.

Back to Top
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down