Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedcan I texturize my hair again right after?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
jadae View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: can I texturize my hair again right after?
    Posted: May 02 2007 at 3:56pm
Hello everyone! I finally did the CHOP and texturized my hair two days with Botanicals texturizer (regular), but because I was too afraid of it coming out too straight I washed it out. So now my hair is still nappy with lots of ringlets.Cry My question is, can I texturize it again today until I get my result or do I have to wait longer? If I do it today will it damage my hair considering it's texturizer? Thanks sooo much for your help!
Sponsored Links

afrosista View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 5:10pm
wat did u put in ur hair after texturising. the text wont turn ur hair into fabulous curls all by it self. its the products u use after texting that bring out the curls.
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 5:52pm
But afrosis, if she washed it out too fast......maybe it didnt get a chance to kick in.
Jadae, how long did you actually leave it in?
afrosista View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 4:06am

dats true... but if its turned into ringlets thats a good sign that its not completely nappy...

jadae View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 10:52am
thanks guys for responding so quick! My hair naturally has ringlets....so I don't think it kicked in fully. Will it damage my hair if I put it in again, I'm not afraid of it being to straight I'm just afraid of damaging my hair. I keep on reading how silk essentials is soooo good, is that true?
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 8:39pm
Would suggest your wait at least two weeks before correcting and when you do, be SUPER careful not to overdo it. Never heard of silk essentials. aRe you referring to silk elements? I used that one second time around, not impressed.
HyBrId*ReBeL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2007 at 12:22pm
jadae, I had the same results from the botanicals texturizer (nappy with lots of ringlets) and I left it in for about half an hour!! I have used various products from the botanicals line to ors to cantu to eo's and...still it looks the same-as if I were natural. I naturally have a lot of shrinkage (it goes from 4-5 inches to less than a quarter of an inch) so whenever I wash it I have to make sure that I apply whatever I put in my hair immediately. Maybe it's the botanicals line or...something. Next month I'm going to try texlaxing with ORS lye and see how that works out.
YaYaiRock View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2007 at 2:15pm
Thats what happened to me...mine turned into ringlets...but its stiLL nappy and hard to manage i think i may try it again Soon. i just dont know what to put in in to make it nice and smooth or juicy or something just manageable!!
foxynole View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2007 at 8:22pm
I had that problem yesterday. I used the scurl text and it I did not feel that it processed enough. So I put more in for about another 10 minutes. It came out better but still not perfect. I have a lot of shrinkage, I was not expecting that. The texture of my hair feels rougher as well, I don't like that. Not sure what to do at this point. I put some of the scurl no drip for moisture, but I still want it dofter like it was before. Not sure what else to try...
YaYaiRock View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2007 at 1:51am
i know i shouldnt have But I Text My Hair Again with Soft Beautiful Botanicals...and OHhhh My God...I am Soo Please...My Hair came out Silky and curly!! I Love it...I also bought the Matching moisturizer and some Scurl no drip drip stuff But I am soo Pleased with my Hair Now! ...I am going to wear wigs for a couple months now till it starts to grow out seein that its really short right now....How do i Baggie???
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic