I don't know if anyone will see this posting but I have found a "BETTER" way to make my upart wigs. I will attach You Tube Videos below.
1) I find that sewing the hair on the dome cap can be tricky because you can't judge if you are adding too much hair in certain places.
2) My final wig was too bulky because the hair was too kinky. Also for the first, try cheaper hair until you obtain a better skillset.
3) Quatro packs or layers hair is better for newbies.
4) Steps - Now these are "my" steps for a quick non-removable weave, I sewed mine down to my head.
5) THis step can be done with quick wig also you can sew it down
6) When you are ready to cut the net weave cap cuts just like the dome cap but because it is sewn down it stays secure.
: mold hair, put on grow protect solution, let it dry
: put on weave net cap then put on dome cap, used weave thread and sewed the parimeter of the dome to the wig cap.
: (Very easy, nothing special but the netting in the weave cap with the thread will attach to the dome cap and your hair - purpose, so dome cap is secure to head)
: this will eliminate the wig moving.
use brown eye shadow to identify where you want the part
: cut tracks, apply bonding glue to tracks, wait say 2 minutes for it to get "tacky", apply and use hair dryer to set .
: applied all my tracks, hair is done.
Now I'm link two videos, the first below - the girl is making a removable quick wig used a plastic cap over her head instead of sewing dome cap as I did.
This video show a girl bonding removable wig to dome cap on foam head, main point, notice at the end how she use thread to keep the middle together. SHe cuts the dome cap then uses the thread so the opening does not get too wide. THis is KEY, I am going to start doing this step if I am making a removable wig.