Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Can I order a U-part wig?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
anniehashair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anniehashair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I order a U-part wig?
    Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 6:50pm
Hey everyone,

So I usually buy half wigs and blend the front of my hair into the wig but lately I've really been curious to try parting my hair on the side to make it look more natural.  I love kinky curly wigs (and my hair is natural) so I'd love to have one that is the same texture as my own hair.  Unfortunately, I know nothing about wigs/weaves so I can't do it myself.  Is there someone/somewhere online where I can order a custom made U-part wig?
Sponsored Links

doubleaqueen772 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleaqueen772 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 9:57pm
Yes ask your regular hair vendor can they make them.
princess_baby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess_baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2012 at 3:01pm
I BOUGHT MINE FROM FANCY FASHIONISTA...
THE HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL & SOFT BUT THE WIG CAP IS SMALL SO IF YOU HAVE A BIG HEAD LIKE ME ORDER A LARGE CAP...
BUT THIS IS A PIC OF ME AFTER I STRAIGHTENED THE WIG...
THE HAIR IS VIRGIN MALAYSIAN DEEP WAVE...
JennJenn224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JennJenn224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2012 at 2:49pm
Bump
Yesenia_87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yesenia_87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2012 at 5:31pm
I just started making my own u part wigs. I rather learn my self so I can just save money. Plus it leaves me with more money to buy any type of hair that I want.
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2012 at 6:32am

I made one the other day, they are quite easy.  Go on the tube - there are so many detailed tutorials and you CAN DO THIS.

My tips - buy your products in advance, hair, weave thread, wig pins (MUST HAVE), foam head, dome cap and don't buy the 1.00 ones they are thin,mesh weave cap (easy way to attach over your hair when ready to wear - video below)

I brushed my hair flat and tried on my dome cap and marked with a brown eyepencil and a guide where to stop the tracks.  Remember this, make your tracks as close as possible in the U area because when you cut it open it is WIDER then you THINK.

ALso for the first one, I should have bought different lengths of hair, so the hair would be already layers.  Meaning a 14,12,8....so it is already ready and would not require a lot of cutting.
ALso, don't be in a RUSH.  I took my time, did some sewing stopped, washed a load of clothes, started again.  If you are not a weaver it will take a while.

Don't be in a RUSH, I did mine last sunday.  I have not flat ironed or cut the hair yet, I did not plan to do it today and wear it tonight.  THat is for the PROS.  But I will say...you can DO THIS... 

THis video talks about the products to buy.

DETAILED TUTORIAL - This is part one of three. After you  view look to the right for the other sections. 

How to put on and wear  -

REDs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REDs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2012 at 1:40pm
bump
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2012 at 8:44am

I don't know if anyone will see this posting but I have found a "BETTER" way to make my upart wigs.  I will attach You Tube Videos below.

1) I find that sewing the hair on the dome cap can be tricky because you can't judge if you are adding too much hair in certain places. 
2) My final wig was too bulky because the hair was too kinky.  Also for the first, try cheaper hair until you obtain a better skillset.
3) Quatro packs or layers hair is better for newbies.
4) Steps - Now these are "my" steps for a quick non-removable weave, I sewed mine down to my head.
5) THis step can be done with quick wig also you can sew it down
6) When you are ready to cut the net weave cap cuts just like the dome cap but because it is sewn down it stays secure.

Steps:
: mold hair, put on grow protect solution, let it dry
: put on weave net cap then put on dome cap, used weave thread and sewed the parimeter of the dome to the wig cap. 
: (Very easy, nothing special but the netting in the weave cap with the thread will attach to the dome cap and your hair - purpose, so dome cap is secure to head)
: this will eliminate the wig moving.

NEXT: 
use brown eye shadow to identify where you want the part
: cut tracks, apply bonding glue to tracks, wait say 2 minutes for it to get "tacky", apply and use hair dryer to set .
: applied all my tracks, hair is done.

Now I'm link two videos, the first below - the girl is making a removable quick wig used a plastic cap over her head instead of sewing dome cap as I did. 

This video show a girl bonding removable wig to dome cap on foam head, main point, notice at the end how she use thread to keep the middle together.  SHe cuts the dome cap then uses the thread so the opening does not get too wide.  THis is KEY, I am going to start doing this step if I am making a removable wig.

anniehashair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anniehashair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2012 at 3:29pm
Looks good princess_baby!

See I'd like to make mine but I have noooo skills in that department.  I'm scared I will make something hideous. lol

Thanks for the advice ladies!
eamarsha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eamarsha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2012 at 1:29am
I ordered mine from jeffrey

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>