Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedCAN I FIX A LACEFRONT MYSELF THAT WAS ...

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
kensddaughter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: CAN I FIX A LACEFRONT MYSELF THAT WAS ...
    Posted: Mar 30 2006 at 12:30am
Can I fix a lacefront on my own that was cut back too far?  My sister is trying to get me hooked on lace fron wigs. She bought the Amber from His and Hers and cut the lace back to suit he head. She said she cut it back too far. There is no lace left. can i glue some lace on the underside to fix it or is is beyond repair. When i put it on my head, there is a very definite line of demarcation. I dont know much about these but i can say it doenst look anything like some of yours. You all have some beautiful units.

any responses would be appreciated.

thanks-
a lurker in AZ
Sponsored Links

BonaFideDiva View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2006 at 9:10am

I would like to know as well. I think mine is cut back a lil too far. I still have the lace that I cut. Im praying its not beyond repair!

PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2006 at 10:04am
Kensdaughter:  Well...I have cut the front  of an old lacefront that I had that was worn out in front and sewed on a new lace front...but I had to buy a new hair piece to do it...let me try to explain...I had a really pretty lf from coolpiece.com that I just wore out in front...it was too thin, but the top, sides and back of the unit were still in good shape.  So I went to the toplace.com, sale site, and bought a lace hairpiece that was 9 inches long for 85 dollars...I cut the old lace front approx. from ear to ear, so that I had a half wig style...then I cut the new one from ear to ear, and sewed the front of that unit to the back of the old unit with transparent thread.  It was kind of a rectangle shape.....The style was different, kind of a mullet looking thing (eeww!) so I cut bangs into it and wore it for almost 3 more months!  The seam did not show.  The texture was close, and I highlighted it to distract from that mismatch.  It was cute!  I think it really depends on the styles you want to wear.  As far as re-attatching the lace...you could, but you will probably have a noticable line in front.  If you parted your hair further back, it probably wouldn't be that noticeable.  I hope this makes sense....
BonaFied: Another option you have is to re do the front hairline and shift the whole thing forward.

I have had an Amber and the lace is only temple to temple...so I'm not sure what other options it will give youErmm, as far as parting goes....but if you use your imagination it may still be salvagable....good luck!

MissLuxurious View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2006 at 11:12am
In one of my theatre books, it was saying how theatres sometimes take an ordinary wig, and cut out 1/3 of the front and attach lace to it, and ventilate it with the hair that they took out from the 1/3. (Lacefronts have been commonly used in theatrical productions for decades.) So I am definitley sure that it can be done. I guess it will be sort of trial and error.
ggirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2006 at 7:40pm
I just cut the lace off my HI unit.  Using a razor I cut all the way to the hairline, any lace that does not have hair is gone. Is this what you did?
If so the lace is not cut too far back, now if you've gone beyond that point then I don't knowConfused 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2006 at 9:54pm

Ggirl, I havent cut past the hairline. So I guess that means I am in the green - whew! I just gotta get better at placing it I guess

ggirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2006 at 6:43am
Originally posted by BonaFideDiva BonaFideDiva wrote:

Ggirl, I havent cut past the hairline. So I guess that means I am in the green - whew! I just gotta get better at placing it I guess

Yes, you're still in the greenWink  - Now it's a matter of placement.  Most of the ladies cut the lace all the way back to the hairline.  I think Janee leaves a little out and that looks good also because it's such a little bit.

This was the first time I used a razor and that was much easier than scissors.  I slowly traced the hairline with the razor, going in and out of every creviceWink.  I worked well.

Edited by ggirl - Apr 02 2006 at 6:45am
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2006 at 11:13am
[QUOTE=ggirl]I just cut the lace off my HI unit.  Using a razor I cut all the way to the hairline, any lace that does not have hair is gone. Is this what you did?
Ggirl, you are so intuitive!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2006 at 11:27am
GGirl you are awesome. Thanks!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply