Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I claim NL? (PIC) and a couple of other ?s
    Posted: Jul 16 2011 at 9:08am

Hello All! I was wondering what products make 4b curls "pop"? I am curious because when I do get to the stage of wearing my hair out, I want my hair to look like it has a little curl to it and not like a clump of clouds. I guess what I am saying that is there a product that I can add to my hair while wet so that when my hair dries, that my 4b curls appear a little bit? Or is that not possible at all and I just have to come to terms that my hair looks like a cotton ball when dry? lol!

I also wanted to know about flat ironing. I have gathered as much as that I need to use heat protectant on my hair when I flat iron and up my protien treatments when I do apply heat. I will not be applying heat often because I dont like heat on my hair. I just want to use it for the sole purpose of length checking and to maybe wear my hair straight once every few months. Prior to my HHJ, I never even took using heat protectant seriously. My sister is a natural who flat irons her hair daily and she uses IC heat protectant on her hair. Her hair always looked so soft and not fried. She also has a rather expensive flat iron as well.. Now I understand the importance now that I am natural.

I am also in the market for a new flat iron. My current flat iron is crap. It has "ceramic" plates but when I flat ironed my hair out for a length check for the 6 months hide your hair challenge, my hair looked so fried. I got so paranoid that I took a couple of pictures and immediately washed my hair and did aphogee 2 minute treatment in fear that my curl pattern disappered. But the next time I flat iron, I want to do it right so I wont be paranoid and upset. Also I want a flat iron that will get my hair shiny and healthy looking and not like fried. Also are ceramic plates better than titanium plates?

I want this information now because even though I am in sew in, and plan my next PS to be micro braids, I do plan on purchasing a flat iron next week and whatever products that are recommended so I can these on hand when I do end the challenge that I will be prepared. Any information would be awesome right about now including some good you tube vids.. Im about to go over there and browse but I was wanting to know more about some things that helped yall out, especially from my 4b ladies. :)

BTW, heres the pic from 7-7-11, day before my sew in for HYH challenge: Can I claim NL? (Sorry its not the best pix. My iphone's flash just sucks sometimes.. I really need to purchase a new digital camera because I cant seem to find my other one)

ignore my fat back please.. Its saggy from rapid weight loss.. :-/

Sponsored Links

nevasatisfied View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2011 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

Hello All! I was wondering what products make 4b curls "pop"? I am curious because when I do get to the stage of wearing my hair out, I want my hair to look like it has a little curl to it and not like a clump of clouds. I guess what I am saying that is there a product that I can add to my hair while wet so that when my hair dries, that my 4b curls appear a little bit? Or is that not possible at all and I just have to come to terms that my hair looks like a cotton ball when dry? lol!

I also wanted to know about flat ironing. I have gathered as much as that I need to use heat protectant on my hair when I flat iron and up my protien treatments when I do apply heat. I will not be applying heat often because I dont like heat on my hair. I just want to use it for the sole purpose of length checking and to maybe wear my hair straight once every few months. Prior to my HHJ, I never even took using heat protectant seriously. My sister is a natural who flat irons her hair daily and she uses IC heat protectant on her hair. Her hair always looked so soft and not fried. She also has a rather expensive flat iron as well.. Now I understand the importance now that I am natural.

I am also in the market for a new flat iron. My current flat iron is crap. It has "ceramic" plates but when I flat ironed my hair out for a length check for the 6 months hide your hair challenge, my hair looked so fried. I got so paranoid that I took a couple of pictures and immediately washed my hair and did aphogee 2 minute treatment in fear that my curl pattern disappered. But the next time I flat iron, I want to do it right so I wont be paranoid and upset. Also I want a flat iron that will get my hair shiny and healthy looking and not like fried. Also are ceramic plates better than titanium plates?

I want this information now because even though I am in sew in, and plan my next PS to be micro braids, I do plan on purchasing a flat iron next week and whatever products that are recommended so I can these on hand when I do end the challenge that I will be prepared. Any information would be awesome right about now including some good you tube vids.. Im about to go over there and browse but I was wanting to know more about some things that helped yall out, especially from my 4b ladies. :)

BTW, heres the pic from 7-7-11, day before my sew in for HYH challenge: Can I claim NL? (Sorry its not the best pix. My iphone's flash just sucks sometimes.. I really need to purchase a new digital camera because I cant seem to find my other one)

ignore my fat back please.. Its saggy from rapid weight loss.. :-/

Heaay gurlieWink

Dang...23 views and no opinonsSmile  Yea I say you can claim neck length I recently cut off off my relaxer ends and for the past few my months I ve been wearing fake ponies when I put infusium 23 in my hair I noticed tha my curls would pop...I dont wear my own hair out yet, waiting on it to get a lil fuller I am recovering from heat damageDead especially my edgesCry Ive heard that the Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Finishing Lotion works well to make the curls pop http://www.webplusbeauty.com/a1810400.html  As far as a flat iron goes I havent used on in forever so i could'nt really help you as much in picking one "/ I do remember that ceramic is better for the hair as far as damage goes and with my hair which is a 4b , it was less frizzy than with the titanium flat iron. nowadays they have flat irons with both cermaic and titanium in the plates... Most flat iron are just metal plates that are coated with ceramic...This page would help ya out http://www.misikko.com/true-flat-iron.html Good luck ...Hopefully someone with a lil more experience will help you outWink

Edited by nevasatisfied - Jul 16 2011 at 12:13pm
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2011 at 12:14pm
^^There are a lot of lurkers in this section.  It kinda comes with the territory (being listed first).

I would claim NL.  If your last layer reaches the bottom of your neck, then claim it girl!Smile
I also use IC Fantasia heat protectant serum when I blow dry.  I think it works fine.  Sorry, I have no flat iron suggestions though.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2011 at 12:35pm
Looks like NL to me..Thumbs Up

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2011 at 12:49pm
choco_lips View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2011 at 1:24pm
i get some curl definition when i twist my hair with ecostyler gel. But i dont do it on wet/damp hair. i know some people do but mine looks a  mess..so i guess u can try it both ways

Also, I see some girls that 'shingle' on youtube to get curl definition. its pretty much running gel on damp hair in small sections. Youtube it to see what i mean

Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2011 at 2:17pm
Thanks ladies!!! Im glad I can actually claim a length. LOL! Ive been on youtube looking up stuff and I am finding ideas and other things to do to my hair. As for flat ironing, the things I have looked at just seems like too much effort to go through just for straight hair.  It seems like they are blowing their hair out with a hairdryer and then using the flat iron to straighten. That seems like too much heat which in turn makes me uneasy.. Then Ive seen the method of roller setting it first, then flat ironing.. Erm.. Makes me kinda want to rethink the whole flat iron idea. Maybe Ill just blow it out when it comes time.. IDK.. I am about to go look up the "shingling" method. Again, thanks ladies!!Tongue
AmaLama View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2011 at 8:36pm
You are definitely neck length.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2011 at 1:59am
Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

Thanks ladies!!! Im glad I can actually claim a length. LOL! Ive been on youtube looking up stuff and I am finding ideas and other things to do to my hair. As for flat ironing, the things I have looked at just seems like too much effort to go through just for straight hair.  It seems like they are blowing their hair out with a hairdryer and then using the flat iron to straighten. That seems like too much heat which in turn makes me uneasy.. Then Ive seen the method of roller setting it first, then flat ironing.. Erm.. Makes me kinda want to rethink the whole flat iron idea. Maybe Ill just blow it out when it comes time.. IDK.. I am about to go look up the "shingling" method. Again, thanks ladies!!Tongue

Thats what fuked up my hair I was i was blowdrying once a week and flatironing 5 times a week.....I was obsessed Ouch
ChocolatePie777 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2011 at 12:35am
i just wash ad leave conditioner in....finger combing only...and whip my hair back and forth(helps alot)
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic