Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum Lockedcan I ask some dumb questions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: can I ask some dumb questions?
    Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 11:12am
1. How long do you wear the LF without taking it off?
2. DO people really think it's your own.
4. Does the yaki LF really look like a black person's permed hair - so look more real?

I'm joining the ranks 'I'm sick of my darn hair and just want to put it UP'!Confused

Sponsored Links

Breh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 11:17am
Sure,
1. It depends on the person. What kind of glue/tape they use. There's really no specific amount of time. For me, I usually last about 5 days, but if it's really hot outside I'll re-apply on day 3 to make sure I don't have any slippage. It also depends on how active you. Different glues work for different people. It's really a trial and error process.

2. If you have the right density and the application is flawless then no one should suspect you. Unless you have a well trained eye like some of the Divas on this board. Now if you are bald one day and then come the next day with hair down to your butt then of course someone is going to know it's not your. I usually order mine long, but get them cut a nice believable length. Don't get your density too thick so that you look like you have a bush on top of your head. Usually light to medium density is good, but sometimes can be too thick. It's all about preference, but mostly application. You can have the perfect density,but if your application is jacked up then everyone will know something is wrong with your head. They may not know that it's a lace wig, but they'll know somethings up.

3.It depends on the vendor. If you get a light yaky usually it looks like permed African American hair. Where if you get just regular yaky it may be a little more coarser. I personall like Chinese light yaky. I looks more like African American permed  hair. HTH Wink
Excellence View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 11:18am
Becky - I've only been wearing for a couple of months now but here's my feedback:

1. In this heat - I wear it until I need to reapply the adhesive. I've been reapplying every 3 days or so. If I don't sweat or move - I'm sure I could go a week.
2. Yes!!! I've had people that don't know me think it's mine! It's so cool. Those that know me - know that I couldn't magically grow 20 inches of hair. Big%20smile
3. I recently got my first Yaki LF and yes it is like AA permed hair.

Hope this helps.
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 11:54am
Hi Ladies, thanks very much for your input. I've worn my hair in braids, lock extensions, weave etc ... so the good part is ... no one would be shocked to see this style.

Humm .. chinese light light yaki .... looks more real. Umm do either of you have pics? All the pics I've seen on this sight have a sheen to them - like Indian hair - so it's clear that couldn't be my hair.

I live in Belgium now so I'm looking for a LF stylist in London. I want them to measure me, help with the color, show me how to appy it ... the works.

The LF certainly has not hit Belgium or any of the countries nearby as I have never seen this is person.

It's not very hot - and rarely is it very hot in this part of the world. Ideally, I'd like to take it off every Friday night, wash my own hair etc, sleep in my own hair and reapply Saturday morning - then I'm off.

Yes, my close friends will know it's wig .. but they are my 'friends' so...

How about hairline problems? I already got some damage from the braids. :( What do you y'all do to avoid this problem?

Another question - how come some units costs 150 and some are 800?

America View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

4. Does the yaki LF really look like a black person's permed hair - so look more real?

I'm joining the ranks 'I'm sick of my darn hair and just want to put it UP'!Confused

Welcome girl.  1.  I wear mine 2-3 weeks.  2.  I've worn weave for years w/o a detection from anyone and nobody has ever asked "Is that your hair?" when I wore the weave or since I've worn lace fronts.  3. I don't have a yaki one yet but I remember the texture from wearing weave and yes, it looks like african american fresh permed hair.  (my issue with yaki though is that it doesn't hold a curl for very long .  But I've learned that there is more than one texture of yaki and I'm dying to get one from Zara.
Soulie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 12:25pm

To answer your last question first: frequently the higher priced units are being sold by wholesalers -- not the manufacturers.  The wigs that cost $150 are likely to be sold by the manufacturers -- so, no middleman, no (or minimal) markup.

You might want to post a thread asking for European divas to respond with information about London/Continental LF stylists.  OR, you could do like I did -- read, read, read this forum and become a do-it-yourselfer.  As someone else posted earlier today, at some point you need to learn to do it for yourself because you'll want to touch up your edges if needed.  Every single thing I needed to know about ordering, preparing, applying and maintaining a LF was here on this forum -- I have not found a stylist in my state who even does applications.  When I joined I didn't know what an LF was but it's all here for you.  Lots to read, but well worth the time.

Also, be prepared to invest in adhesives; everything doesn't work for everyone and you'll have to find your "dream combo" of adhesives.  This is another reason for doing it yourself.  What if the LF stylist you find in London uses an adhesive that only works on you for 2 days?  You'll need to be able to remove, clean and reapply.  Good luck to you!  You're gonna have fun!!
lattequeen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 12:57pm
There are no dumb questions. Ask away!
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 4:14pm
Thanks again Ladies .. I think I will start a thread to find a London-based operater! :))
PleasureSeeker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

1.  Ten Days was the longest so far with minimal touchups - also washed my hair and the lacefront while it was attached.  My goal is 5 to 7 days.

2. Not something I worry about but I do receive compliments on my hair.  I was more concerned in the beginning about getting it stay on for more than 1 hour without using bobby pins.  My Mom always calls it like she sees it and she thinks it looks like it is my hair.

3.  I have worn yaki and natural perm extension hair and light yaki human hair (hardfront) wigs.  My hair of choice now is Indian Remy but I'm considering a Chinese Virgin unit.  What's real is what you feel looks the best on you.
kellstouch View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 6:25pm
My hair of choice is Indian Remy. Tried the yaki and doesn't hold curls well without a lot of effort. Indian remy has just enough 'ethnic' hold and texture, that can be increased and decreased just right.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic