Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Can divorce/seperation affect a childs hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
P31chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P31chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can divorce/seperation affect a childs hair?
    Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:22pm
My friend's daughter is fortunate to have parents who are doing a great job at co-parenting.  No crazy issues.  However she has noticed that since their seperation (They trade off a week on, week off) her daughters hair has not been growing the way it did when they were married. Her exhusband is remarried and she gets along well with the stepmom and stepmom is the one that does her daugthers hair when she is with dad.

In the society of blended families, do yo think it is possible for a childs hair growth to be affected if they are having two different people...one week on...one week off care for thier hair?

Her hair has shortened in length from mid back length to now shoulder length in a space of a year.

Edited by P31chick - Mar 20 2014 at 2:23pm
Sponsored Links

Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:35pm
Her hair is either breaking off or being cut. 
Yes different hair care practices will yield different results. 
xx_quanna_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote xx_quanna_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:35pm
Its the stress 
Shes probably overwhelmed 
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by xx_quanna_x xx_quanna_x wrote:

Its the stress 
Shes probably overwhelmed 
this was my answer for the kid-- just reading the title question. 

if not stress, maybe the step mom isn't as well versed in hair care as she thinks she is. 

Edited by nekamarie83 - Mar 20 2014 at 2:39pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:42pm
I'd say stress but it sounds like they aren't 'stressing' with the separation...
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:44pm
Maybe the water is harder there to wash her hair or they are using different products, maybe the hair styles are causing the breakage. I just don't think it's an emotional reaction to the divorce though.
P31chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P31chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:46pm
I have heard many women complain or change hairdressers because they have said that after a particular person trimmed their hair that is stopped growing and as soon as they changed hair dressers their hair started growing again.  This was the first thought that I had pertaining to the situation.  But maybe it could be stress as well?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:46pm
Unless they have a disorder or taking medicine hair doesn't just stop growing.....its length retention....maybe she is sung products that don't agree or its stress.....my advice....protective style and low manipulation....
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:49pm
It's either stress or manipulation
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:52pm
She need to do what my sister does, I love you but don't touch my baby hair. Cover it at night and I will take care of it when she get home. My niece has stayed with her dad for an extended period of time when my sis had surgery and they brought her home for a few hours to get her hair done. My sister cray though,everybody don't have the power of Debo like she does.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>